Husband training Wife

Chunksalot

Active Expediter
Howdy All, new to this sight and love all the great info. Learning about expediting and considering a change.
I have about 5yrs OTR with 6mos recent after a 6yr hiatus. My wife has been riding with me for 3-4mos and wants to start driving team with me. She likes the straight trucks with the 144" sleepers of course.
My questions is after she gets her Class B will a company let us hire on as a Team so that I can get her up to speed?
We were both raised on farms so she has driven straight trucks before we just never needed endorsements. We will both have HazMat.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Dear Chunksalot;

I thought I was having a dyslexic moment when I first read the title of your post "Husband training wife". Been married 32 years and my wife is still trying to get me trained. :)

I'm sure you will find a company that will allow you to train your wife upon her obtaining her CDL B.

Good luck in your ventures. Give me a call if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Thanks,

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
HA, I don't believe there are enough centuries in a millenium for your wife to get you trained but good luck to her anyway. :p

All joking aside, John is a stand up guy and you can count on him for a straight answer. We all just pick on him cuz we like him so much.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There are companies that will allow you to train her although they may want you to get 8-12 months of recent experience, Panther is one that will allow this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
If she has experience driving a straight truck it might also only mean that she will have to take a drive test.