Howdy From Alabama

BillyG

Active Expediter
Just registered today and thought I'd intro myself. My name is Billy, I'm originally from Nashville, TN but have made my home in north Alabama. I have a class b cdl and have done everything from driving old Volvo straight trucks (when I first started driving commercially back in '83) to newer straights to Greyhound buses to city buses. Looking to get into the expediting industry and work my azz off for the next ten years and then retire. Don't have a truck so looking for work as an employee. I can drive straight shifts, even split-axle but, if I had my choice, would rather drive an automatic.

Seperated (soon to be divorced) from my old lady of 18 years and have a 13 year old little girl.

See ya 'round on the boards.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just registered today and thought I'd intro myself. My name is Billy, I'm originally from Nashville, TN but have made my home in north Alabama. I have a class b cdl and have done everything from driving old Volvo straight trucks (when I first started driving commercially back in '83) to newer straights to Greyhound buses to city buses. Looking to get into the expediting industry and work my azz off for the next ten years and then retire. Don't have a truck so looking for work as an employee. I can drive straight shifts, even split-axle but, if I had my choice, would rather drive an automatic.

Seperated (soon to be divorced) from my old lady of 18 years and have a 13 year old little girl.

See ya 'round on the boards.

How often do you want to see your daughter? This is a VERY tough business to be in if you are raising kids. I would not want to do it. We are out 4-8 weeks at a time.

OH YEAH! Welcome to the forums!

Don't think of driving for an owner as being an employee. You must think of this as a business 100% of the time.

BillyG

Active Expediter
How often do you want to see your daughter? This is a VERY tough business to be in if you are raising kids. I would not want to do it. We are out 4-8 weeks at a time.

OH YEAH! Welcome to the forums!

Don't think of driving for an owner as being an employee. You must think of this as a business 100% of the time.

Well, not being able to see my daughter in person will be tough, but I have to make a living and support her. Besides, we both have Skype, so we can video chat every day. And I didn't mean to refer to myself as an employee, but rather someone who works with an owner.

BillyG

Active Expediter
Welcome BillyG!

Greyhound buses - I'm sure you have many stories...

;)

I have a few. Once, while driving from Montgomery, AL to Pensacola, FL, a young lady walks up to me and asks if I want to see her new bikini. I said, sure, thinking that she was going to pull it out of a bag or something and show me. Nope. Her clothes start coming off, everything, all the way down to the panties, and THEN she puts on the bathing suit.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I had to keep hold of that steering wheel!