How will you spend your last 10 years?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Yesterday at Erlanger Hospital our Plant-Based Eating class had a reunion since we completed our course 3 or 4 months ago. This is one of the films we watched during our follow up class ...it was an eye opener ....the man on the right reminded me of my dad before he died...Dad just sat down 10 years before he died and stopped moving and therefore his organs just locked up and he died from what they say "Natural Causes", no he didn't, he died because he quit moving..IMHO

Move more, live longer.imho PS, get a bike, a treadmill or something

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Yesterday at Erlanger Hospital our Plant-Based Eating class had a reunion since we completed our course 3 or 4 months ago. This is one of the films we watched during our follow up class ...it was an eye opener ....the man on the right reminded me of my dad before he died...Dad just sat down 10 years before he died and stopped moving and therefore his organs just locked up and he died from what they say "Natural Causes", no he didn't, he died because he quit moving..IMHO

Move more, live longer.imho PS, get a bike, a treadmill or something
100% get moving!!!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: Solar

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In a van or at a truckstop, most likely

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm well into my last 10 years doing this. I think I will drive the Oblivion Express off into the sunset. Whenever You're Ready.

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When I retired January 2013 (after 27 years Roberts Express/ FedEx CC) someone asked what I was going to do for a hobby! I thought a few seconds, and replied. I will make ME my hobby. First thing Weight/Diet. Took off 45 pounds by using #MyFitnessPal. Second thing Improve sleep with #SleepAsAndroid. Third thing, Exercise. Hour bike ride daily. (weather permitting) Very moderate exercise routine preformed every hour just to keep moving keep moving to prevent what Skyraider described happened to his Dad. Doctors at the VA are impressed. And I no longer require Blood pressure or Cholesterol meds. I'm 83 now and who knows when the 10 year countdown began, or will begin. At least my 5 children 5 Grand kids and 3 great Grand kids will know I tried.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
According to some dude from Havard, every 1 minute of exercise extends the life expectancy by 7 minutes. Please find your favorite exercises.

Met this 76 years old dude in Krav Maga class, dude can execute a perfect powerful groin kick. Seen him do 75 sit ups and push ups with ease. Lol.....

Reactions: skyraider

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When I retired January 2013 (after 27 years Roberts Express/ FedEx CC) someone asked what I was going to do for a hobby! I thought a few seconds, and replied. I will make ME my hobby. First thing Weight/Diet. Took off 45 pounds by using #MyFitnessPal. Second thing Improve sleep with #SleepAsAndroid. Third thing, Exercise. Hour bike ride daily. (weather permitting) Very moderate exercise routine preformed every hour just to keep moving keep moving to prevent what Skyraider described happened to his Dad. Doctors at the VA are impressed. And I no longer require Blood pressure or Cholesterol meds. I'm 83 now and who knows when the 10 year countdown began, or will begin. At least my 5 children 5 Grand kids and 3 great Grand kids will know I tried.
Great example of active aging.

Reactions: skyraider