How to make my truck idle?

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
My truck is an 07 Columbia. The Espar is hors du combat, its 19 degrees and Thermoking is closed until Monday. I cant idle my truck as it has a cutoff but I believe there is a way to make it idle if you pull the right fuse. Ive looked around in the fuse box but dont see anything obviously labeled. Anyone who knows which one it is? Thanks

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Have you tried using the cruise control to bump the RPM's up?
19 degrees, no heat, no idle? I'd be checking into a nice hotel room.

Last edited:

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
on the idle thing chock the wheels and dont set the parking break turn the on the cruise and bump idle had one w/ same problem this did the trick. good luck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
My truck is an 07 Columbia. The Espar is hors du combat, its 19 degrees and Thermoking is closed until Monday. I cant idle my truck as it has a cutoff but I believe there is a way to make it idle if you pull the right fuse. Ive looked around in the fuse box but dont see anything obviously labeled. Anyone who knows which one it is? Thanks

YES, go to the dealer, tell them you want to set the cruise control system to also function as the PTO speed control, have them turn off the idle timer and pay the $150.