How to legally cheat your drivers (modified "for the children")

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Well .... looks like that stirred the pot a bit ...

That was kinda my point. Legal way of operating....yes. Ethical.........no not really.
Dave - you got it.

The argument that "if it pays enough" it should be ok.
Leo, I understand your point - the whole "nobody is holding a gun to your head" thing ...... yup - that's true ....... nobody is ..... but then, sometimes a criminal will claim to have gun in their pocket ..... when really it's only an extended index finger. They still have the intent to steal and defraud you in either instance.

Look - there is nothing wrong with making an owner operator responsible for his or her own condition by holding him accountable the decisions he (or she) makes (on accepting loads) I have no problem with that.

But that isn't the point - the point is, if the company says they are going to do "X" - then they ought to do it.

At a minimum, what they shouldn't do, is something else other than what they have said they are going to do (particularly something that accrues to their benefit, at the expense of the owner-operator) ........ and then try to conceal it ........ or be less than 100% transparent about it. That's just downright unethical and dishonest, any way you cut it.

I don't have a problem with a carrier making money - they can make snotloads of it as far as I'm concerned - the more the better.

But don't lie or misrespresent what the situation actually is.

Gilbert - I think you should go rest your eyes - you're probably putting too much strain on 'em by reading this - to say nothing of it jacking up the blood pressure. (Hope it goes ok for ya on the 24th there bud :D)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Well .... looks like that stirred the pot a bit ...

Gilbert - I think you should go rest your eyes - you're probably putting too much strain on 'em by reading this - to say nothing of it jacking up the blood pressure. (Hope it goes ok for ya on the 24th there bud :D)

actually i was reading with operated eye,makes other eye hard to see out of.As Dave said,If I'm getting 60% of the so called gross on a load,then I expect my 60%,When and if i should ever do a back haul load to get me back home,then i get 85%,and from a broker,who knows what that really is

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
actually i was reading with operated eye,makes other eye hard to see out of.As Dave said,If I'm getting 60% of the so called gross on a load,then I expect my 60%,When and if i should ever do a back haul load to get me back home,then i get 85%,and from a broker,who knows what that really is

Hey steve when I talk to the Back Haul boys they told me most of them are a buck to a buck 30 a mile for a tractor for a back haul. I weigh the differencs and took the Relocation Pay. Empty and not dragging 44000 in the box.
not bad I guess.:)