15 Miles Per gallon .25
16 Miles Per gallon .23
17 Miles Per gallon .22
18 Miles Per gallon .21
19 Miles Per gallon 19
20 Miles Per gallon 19
21 Miles Per gallon 18
22 Miles Per gallon 17

of course you have to add the other expenses in, Maint. (oil, tires, fluids, Breaddowns), INS, Tolls, oil, Faxes and whatever you need

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
$3.75 gal cost per mile
12 Miles Per gallon .31
13 Miles Per gallon .27
14 Miles Per gallon .27
15 Miles Per gallon .25
16 Miles Per gallon .23
17 Miles Per gallon .22
18 Miles Per gallon .21
19 Miles Per gallon 19
20 Miles Per gallon 19
21 Miles Per gallon 18
22 Miles Per gallon 17

of course you have to add the other expenses in, Maint. (oil, tires, fluids, Breaddowns), INS, Tolls, oil, Faxes and whatever you need
Awesome bro thanks:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might be a item to send to "select" dispatchers that may be mathematically challenge.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't remember where but some time ago I posted this chart in the Open Forum for trucks. Here it is again.

fuel_cost_per_mile.jpg

chs007

Seasoned Expediter
Might be a item to send to "select" dispatchers that may be mathematically challenge.
they can't even figure out milage, they appear to pull some phantom zip code to check it for many cases it always 50/100 miles further to PU and way extra miles to delivery, and to try them do fuel, well might be a good idea for some may go crazy and have to be admitted LOL

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Actually this chart is very close to reality. My actual fuel cost per mile in March at 9.72 mpg was .427 per mile. The only problem is that one must attempt to get an actual read on fuel used for the month- if you drive a Freightliner with the diagnostic display, re-set it religiously at the beginning of the month, and put that into your spreadsheet, you should get a fairly accurate and true reading of fuel use. Nonetheless, the chart is o.k. to use as a guide...