How one CEO dealt with his tightening budget!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
As the CEO of this business that employs 140 people, I have accepted the fact that Barack Obama is our new President, and that our taxes and government fees will now increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for this additional overhead, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8% but since we cannot raise those prices right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off several of our employees instead.
This unfortunate economic reality has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.
After giving it considerable thought, this is what I did: I strolled thru our parking lot and found 11 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They wanted change; I gave it to them!
If you have a better idea, let me know.
Sincerely,
The Boss

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds like a very fair way for that company to handle it although there will be some who will scream unfairness.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just as fair as the senority thing. I used to LOVE working my butt off at the mill and then get laid off and see people who did HALF the work get to stay. Like it was MY FAULT I got drafted and had 3 years less senority than they did. One guy used to spend MOST of his day tending his "coffee business" than doing his job. I guess he could get away with it because he was a Union Steward. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fox news bows to the pressure.
Fox is already cowering down to the President ....
In response to President Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced that they will now air

" America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week!" :D

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Fox news bows to the pressure.
Fox is already cowering down to the President ....
In response to President Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced that they will now air

" America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week!" :D

OVM,

That's funny. You made my night. Happiness is a good laugh.:)

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
As the CEO of this business that employs 140 people, I have accepted the fact that Barack Obama is our new President, and that our taxes and government fees will now increase in a BIG way.
To compensate for this additional overhead, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees of about 8% but since we cannot raise those prices right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off several of our employees instead.
This unfortunate economic reality has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.
After giving it considerable thought, this is what I did: I strolled thru our parking lot and found 11 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They wanted change; I gave it to them!
If you have a better idea, let me know.
Sincerely,
The Boss

I wonder how many law suits would come from this?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Seriously think about it if something like that were to take effect people would sue. I would just get draw my employment security payments until I found another job and say to heck with it.