How much has the American Axle strike affected you?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Still #4 sitting in Salem, OH on the Akron/Cleveland board...the one that never shows on my qc when I macro 8. hmmmm I sat like this just 2 weeks ago, but I don't want to go to another board and lose my position. Thinking about relocating a little closer to Akron. Stil don't want to lose my board position tho.....(In a dilema.):confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah .... it woulda .... no big whoop. I try to only sweat the ones I get - not the ones I don't. :D

It would have been a really great comeback to your "we're going in service tomorrow" though ya gotta admit ....

I was gonna tell ya "Yeah .... please take some of 'em .... I need a break." ;)

Pic'd one in BF Iowa to Detroit...Thanks Rlent.. score one for the good guys!!:D

Lollie

Expert Expediter
I finally got some work

Detroit MI to Louisville KY 363 miles
2 locals in Cincinnati OH 10 miles
Hebron KY to Warren MI 253 miles
Farmington Hills MI to Fenton MO 558 miles
Granite IL to Westland MI 522 miles

6 days 1706 loaded miles 2089 total miles

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
My wife and I are on the verge of losing our house. We are essentially stranded out here!! We're averaging 1400 miles a week with our current carrier, we have not been home in over 2 months, since our orientation. It sucks out here! With fuel as high as $4.49 in some places we've been, we cannot afford to deadhead home, as the cost will dig deep into our checking, which is reserved to pay our mortgage, hence trigger foreclosure. Our dispatchers never seem to be able to get us freight that delivers to our home area either. We want to hang it up as soon as we can get close to home. I have been online on Detroit Free Press and have crowed relentlessly to these so-called workers in the UAW, ****in and moanin about their plight, which I suppose holds some water, but does little to comfort me and many of my colleagues. Although I'm sure this strike affects all expedite carriers, Some are suffering more than others and as usual, I find ourselves on the short end of the stick. We have been expediters for nearly three years and can remember a time when this was a hell of a profession and our yield from it was awesome. Nothing lasts forever i guess.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I finally got some work

Detroit MI to Louisville KY 363 miles
2 locals in Cincinnati OH 10 miles
Hebron KY to Warren MI 253 miles
Farmington Hills MI to Fenton MO 558 miles
Granite IL to Westland MI 522 miles

6 days 1706 loaded miles 2089 total miles

Congrats on the work. Wish I had some. :D

MSinger

Expert Expediter
No more vehicles then they are actually selling right now I don't think the strike is affecting us as much as one would think. That's one reason why it has lasted so long. If the manufacturers were REALLY in need of those parts they would have settled by now. Just gives them another excuse to lay people off instead of it being due to the sales slow down. IMHO.