How many of you have health/medical insurance?

driverdog

Seasoned Expediter
Curious about how many of you have med/health insurance? If you do, how good is the coverage? costs? Do the expediting companies offer good discounts on the insurance they offer?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Curious about how many of you have med/health insurance? If you do, how good is the coverage? costs? Do the expediting companies offer good discounts on the insurance they offer?

There once was this Asian war I was participating in, 1969, and Uncle Sam now gives me medical insurance. sort of.:D

driverdog

Seasoned Expediter
LOl...just don't use the VA's in Illinois. Unfortunately thay have a bad rep for spending little as possible on vets. Poor treatment.

Private medical/health insurance is so freaking expensive. It would be nice to have. Curious if people have it or how much they are paying for it.

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
I have rather excellent insurance but only because my wife works for a major university and not an expediting company. I am hoping the new health care reform thing makes it possible for many/most truckers to gain insurance at a reasonable price.
I shall sit back now and watch (with great amusement) the flames fly high since I've gone and mentioned health care reform. :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nah won't flame you but it just won't help the people who are working.

I too am in the same situation, my wife works for the university and it has good health care. I had no health care and survived with some serious issues so anyone can live without it if they want.

The problem with a lot of truckers is they don't take care of themselves, so their problems are amplified because of that fact.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Nah won't flame you but it just won't help the people who are working.

I too am in the same situation, my wife works for the university and it has good health care. I had no health care and survived with some serious issues so anyone can live without it if they want.

The problem with a lot of truckers is they don't take care of themselves, so their problems are amplified because of that fact.

on the success idea:: don't get in a hurry on success, we are all gonna wind up in the cemetery anyway,,,u wont take ur furniture, ur toys, ur cars, ur diamonds,ur paintings,with u, they will wind up in a garage sale, antique shop or ur relatives will sell ur stuff cheap, but u wont ever know it. Ur probably to busy to believe this too.