How long to stay "ready "...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Minor grumble.

How long should we wait to hear back from dispatch before assuming we didnt get the bid?

Few times now, I've gotten offers (usually at home), with 'call ya right back'. So, get dressed to drive, shoes, pack computer, ice, etc out to van.... only to be left in limbo.
Never hear back.
On the road, rush to finish dinner, shower, whatever, put away computer, loose items... only to drag them back out.

If I DON'T prep to take off, of course they call right back, lol, but especially at home, would be nice to know if we didnt get it so we can "semi relax"... not be 'ready' for running for an hour.
Maybe we could get a quick ring back when they know we didnt get it.

Dale

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I just hate to bug 'em if they're workin on it... but after a while, I just go back to my work here, with a paranoid ear for the phone lol.

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Dale: it's hard to say, but if it's one that picks up ASAP and you don't hear in about 10-15 minutes, I figure it's a nogo. One that picks up much later, or next day, might be awhile before they get to it, sometimes.
I don't like to 'bug' them either, so if I'm wondering, I'll send a QC msg.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We had that last week. We called after an hour. Chris says "well if you didn't hear back then no" I called while nick was on tye phone with him and got the actual dispatcher who had called that we asked to talk to and Chris said we couldn't. Load ended up being a go....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I don't "do" anything until they call with a confirmed load.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I give them 30 minutes, before I go back to other-stuff mode. If I was doing something in particular like driving (trolling), i'll call or qc to verify. You might also sign into fleet vision and see what your status looks like. I've had a load firm up two hours after the initial call, but that only happened once.

eb

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Minor grumble.

How long should we wait to hear back from dispatch before assuming we didnt get the bid?

Few times now, I've gotten offers (usually at home), with 'call ya right back'. So, get dressed to drive, shoes, pack computer, ice, etc out to van.... only to be left in limbo.
Never hear back.
On the road, rush to finish dinner, shower, whatever, put away computer, loose items... only to drag them back out.

If I DON'T prep to take off, of course they call right back, lol, but especially at home, would be nice to know if we didnt get it so we can "semi relax"... not be 'ready' for running for an hour.
Maybe we could get a quick ring back when they know we didnt get it.

Dale

from a personal experience? had that happen to me before a few times dispatch called with a load offer? ( bid) they did send the load
over without calling back kinda tricky good thing i checked the qc:confused:

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had this happen many times. One time a dispatcher who I will not name here actually called me and started yelling at me when after another hour another dispatcher called with a load for me. The first one had not reserved me and had not called back but felt the need to inform me in a very loud and mad tone that I should have told the second dispatcher the first one had called. As I tried explaining that I did not because we are called often on loads and get no call back when it is a no go she hung up on me in mid sentence.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had this happen many times. One time a dispatcher who I will not name here actually called me and started yelling at me when after another hour another dispatcher called with a load for me. The first one had not reserved me and had not called back but felt the need to inform me in a very loud and mad tone that I should have told the second dispatcher the first one had called. As I tried explaining that I did not because we are called often on loads and get no call back when it is a no go she hung up on me in mid sentence.

I remember your experience way back when....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
from a personal experience? had that happen to me before a few times dispatch called with a load offer? ( bid) they did send the load
over without calling back kinda tricky good thing i checked the qc:confused:

LOL.. I've actually had a couple pop up with NO call! Good thing I was in truck!

Dale