How Goes the New 34-Hour Restart for You?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What expedite carriers allow personal conveyance to the degree where running errands, visiting museums and spending a day on the beach is possible while doing a 34 hour restart?

Fedex allows teams 45 mins each in a 24 hr period which is often enough to go to and from a recreational event. Or to and from a rental car. If unladen.

If loaded we often do errands on the last day prior to the restart since we have little reason not to extend our day out until 01:00.
Sometimes we'll get a rental car on that day.

I think what irritates me most is the 168 hour rule. Makes no sense to me and is a bigger issue than the two 1-5am deal.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It WAS far off topic......just answer the question

Has anyone heard the story of when Bad Company signed with Swansong Records? None other than Jon Bonham sat the band down and told them they needed to behave because they represented the label. Funny stuff...

Hello, Pot? Kettle here...

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I think what irritates me most is the 168 hour rule. Makes no sense to me and is a bigger issue than the two 1-5am deal.

This seems to be my biggest issue as well. Prime example, last week I took my 34 hour restart on Sunday which took in the 1am to 5am on Sunday and Monday. I unloaded on Friday evening and sat all day yesterday and now I have been dispatched on a load tonight which keeps me from doing my restart. Now keep in mind I am not close to being over hours and really don't need a restart but it would have been nice to do one and start the week off clean.