How far up 75 could one get tonight ?

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Remember when I said I was gonna get back on the horse and ride? I shoulda grabbed a snowmobile. I accepted a load without checking the weather, going from N. Charleston to Saginaw, I'm pretty sure its gonna be late. I'm only going as far as I feel safe going, anybody know where the line might be?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Remember when I said I was gonna get back on the horse and ride? I shoulda grabbed a snowmobile. I accepted a load without checking the weather, going from N. Charleston to Saginaw, I'm pretty sure its gonna be late. I'm only going as far as I feel safe going, anybody know where the line might be?

For the most part, just stay south of Ohio for a day or two. Michigan is getting creamed. So is most of Ohio. Ohio is getting more ice than Michigan. They are calling for 12-18 inches at my house, just off I75 a bit north of Toledo in Michigan. Maybe 25 or better before it is over.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last I heard you could get up 75 almost to cinci. That could change but the storm has been following a northeast track so the further east the further north you can go before hitting bad areas.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
It's 7:15 PM, I live about 6 miles west of the I-75/I-69 interchange in Flint, MI. First flakes are starting to fly and the brunt of the storm is barreling right for us. Forecasters say in about 2 hours from now, the snow will start to fall at the rate of up to 3" per hour. Given the crack(head) team of Genesee County Road Commission, one wouldn't have long to get through here before it becomes impassable. Not to worry; it will get cleared. By April.

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Beautiful, I was really hoping we could make it to Dayton, I have family there and it looks like we're gonna be laid up for a bit.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Beautiful, I was really hoping we could make it to Dayton, I have family there and it looks like we're gonna be laid up for a bit.

Don't head into this one, it is a very dangerous storm. This is the kind that kills. All carriers should be warning their trucks to stay off the roads in those areas for the time being. NO freight is worth going into that mess.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Don't head into this one, it is a very dangerous storm. This is the kind that kills. All carriers should be warning their trucks to stay off the roads in those areas for the time being. NO freight is worth going into that mess.

Exactly. My boyfriend is OOS for the next few days. No choice.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was planning on being home this weekend. Need some meds and need to install a fridg in the truck. Maybe next weekend. Not even going to try it.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I live about 15 miles North of 69 and no snow YET . And since I have first hand experience snow plowing ( not just a windshield observer ) , I feel that the Genesee County road commision does a fine job . Ok then , off to plowing now .

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's 7:15 PM, I live about 6 miles west of the I-75/I-69 interchange in Flint, MI. First flakes are starting to fly and the brunt of the storm is barreling right for us. Forecasters say in about 2 hours from now, the snow will start to fall at the rate of up to 3" per hour. Given the crack(head) team of Genesee County Road Commission, one wouldn't have long to get through here before it becomes impassable. Not to worry; it will get cleared. By April.

I live about 15 miles North of 69 and no snow YET . And since I have first hand experience snow plowing ( not just a windshield observer ) , I feel that the Genesee County road commision does a fine job . Ok then , off to plowing now .

I'm near I-275 and I-96. Near white out here.:eek:

ftp000

Expert Expediter

No worries, I wont be taking any chances, I'll be monitoring the CB past Lexington and will stop when I need to. What a winter!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No worries, I wont be taking any chances, I'll be monitoring the CB past Lexington and will stop when I need to. What a winter!

Glad to hear that. I don't want anyone getting into trouble out there tonight. Looks like winters from when I was a kid. Stop short to insure a good spot to park. Be safe and stay warm. Going to be 70 here tomorrow. Wish I was home.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

Sarcasm is not your strong suit, jeffman164...LOL! Now go do the plowing. You'll be done WAY BEFORE GCRC is. And drive careful out there!

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Any updates on how the cleanup is proceeding? Particularly in Ohio.

Did WV, PA, or Maryland get hit too bad?

Thanks!
Christopher

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Northern Mich is in fair shape. Still some hard pack and some icy spots, but with the sun today everything should be fine.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I 70 in western Md got hit pretty bad. Baltimore is fine at the moment. Sun is shining. Most of the bad stuff was up around the Pa Md state line and north.

desync0

Expert Expediter
A little late, but 75 in Ohio was great shape for the most part last night.

Some patchy ice from the 122 to the 105, and in Toledo. I'd imagine with the sun being out today it's all dry now.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

Driving Eastbound Bristol Rd. at I-75 in Flint today, I could not believe what I was seeing...I had to get close to make sure...there were TWO (yes, TWO!!!) Genesee County Road Commission trucks,both loaded with salt!

I yelled over to one of them, "Hey idjit! The storm was LAST WEEK!"

Unfortunately, it was only 9 degrees out with a windchill of -11, so my windows were rolled up.