How do you like the Bionic?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
is the new iphone 5 available from Verizon?? Cause there ain't a chance in h*ll mama is going to get a phone that doesn't come from her little girl!!! :D

I know Verizon has a model of the iphone, just not sure which one...:confused:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
After using the Bionic for a while now, I'm getting better with it. One of the best apps I have is the keyboard app that I paid a couple of bucks for. Once I finally got the settings right, I've been reasonably happy with key board although I do miss the physicsl keys. A Bionic with a slide out keyboard would be great I think.

I still have problems with keeping it charged, but they seem to be getting better. I've done a lot tweaking to manage the battery life. The car charger failed already so I'm using the wall charger through my inverter. That actually seems to be a better charge for whatever reason.

My hotmail account gives me fits a lot of the time. I've got to get that figured out. I rely on email way too much to have to fight it. For now, I've started using my laptop for most email stuff. The phone is capable though, I just have some issuez to figure out.

My biggest reason for wanting a smart phone was to be able to use the scan to pdf app. I have not been impressed with the quality of the scans so far. I have made a couple of really impressive scans, but most are far from acceptable. From what I can tell, it's all in the lighting. This is something else that seems to be do-able. I'm just not there yet with the quality I want.

On a positive note. I have found that I seldom take my laptop out of it's hidin spot these days. It's very handy to just grab the phone and do whatever browsing I wish to do right from the phone. Pretty much all of my EO posting and browsing is done from the phone these days. The typing mistakes are minimal now and everything else is as good as on the laptop. Overall, I'm warming up to the smart phone idea. For a couple weeks there it was VERY touch and go.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought the Iphone 3g when it first came out, would have kept it forever except for the then ongoing AT+T dropped calls problem.

Switched over to Sprint and purchased an HTC Evo 4g exactly one year ago. It has been replaced by Sprint 2x and the latest replacement is no better than the original.

For instance, anybody that text me gets deleted from my People contacts. Another fatal feature is that twice in the past 6 weeks, I went to call the UPS dispatcher and noticed that all the names on the contact list were changed to "UNKNOWN".

I have been waiting for the new IPhone come out yesterday (10-14-11) and purchased it.

For what it's worth, everytime an update came to the droid Evo, something else broke on the phone.

I'm not a big Apple fan, but whatever they market seems to be mostly bug free. And, like most others in this business, communication is vital to our jobs.