How do you get a cargo van job?

Aviator1980s

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi everyone. I have been looking for a sprinter van job for a while and can't find one. I live in Kentucky and there are no companies here.

All the online job postings are far away(which I don't mind) AND require previous experience(which I don't have).

I have no kids/wife or other things to tie me down so I can be on the road indefinitely. Clean driving and criminal records. 30 with no health complications.

Does anyone know any newbie friendly companies/jobs? I don't care what type of a van it is, just need a job.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Expediting, whether you own the truck or drive someone else's, isn't a job, it's a small business with you as the business owner as an independent contractor.

In a cargo van, it's much better if you own your own van, rather than trying to split the meager van revenue with an owner. But you might find someone looking for a driver here in the Classifieds section

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
HI,

I was looking at buying a Sprinter van and doing a gig here in VA....Waynesboro VA area.

PM me if interested (I could get the contract and you could drive it since you already have a van? I have a E350 extended if you have no van or maybe I'd get a sprinter like Ive been thinking).

Andrew

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force