How can they do this

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
I'm buying a truck and when my co driver wanted to come team with me and leave the owner we have now..... Everything was fine till they did a safety review and now all of the sudden the speeding ticket he had from 8 mos back now is a reason they are using to disqualify him but they knew about the ticket when they did the safety review in march but now all of the sudden its a big deal

Deville

Not a Member
With CSA launching in July all the carriers are running scared that they could be subject to a safetey review for moving violations. Fedx has has several confrence calls with drivers & have stressed that there are a good number of our drivers that have more than one mkoving viloation & that speeding tickets has become an issue.

When a driver had a couple of tickets & it justwent against the driver for the most part it wasn't as big an issue. Now that the carrier is also libel it's become a huge issue.

All the companys are going to be looking to disqualfy drivers that have a questionable history.

IMO this is going to lay the ground work for these carriers to add more technology to make drivers adhere to certain things, like speed Govenors & not allowing the truck to start or be moved if the seatbelt isn't fastened. The New Qualcoms that Fed want's us to put in have opened the door for alot of this to happen.

At some point the Owner operator is going to have more scurtinty on them than a company driver.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It all depends on the company.

Being frank, the fleet owner gets away with a lot more than the average single truck owner and the company may pass on some things with the fleet owner that they won't pass on with the single truck owner.

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
I also forgot to mention the fact we just didn't quit we gave a 2 wk notice and truck was brought back with the tanks full and clean... I really think the owner called the company and said something... I did find out that he called to make sure i was buying a truck not just leaving him for some other owner.... either way i think its being petty