Hot spots...

bubbajeffh

Seasoned Expediter
I am wondering if anyone can tell me where the hot spots are in Michigan, if there are any? The midwest hot spots would be great to know too. I can get runs out of Grand Rapids and surrounding area pretty well, but very tough to get back into Grand Rapids or near areas. I have a 26' straight box KW and can carry up to 10,000 lbs. I don't have hazmat. I don't even mind going to Canada. You can call me at 616-531-5955 or post here your info. :7 :7 :7

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Gitt'in back home shouldn't be your mission. Moving freight should be. What exactly are you asking??? If like your last post, we probably can't tell you where to run so you can be dispatched right back home. Sorry.

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
The whole state of Michigan is a hot spot. Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Detroit area and much much more.

Looney2

Seasoned Expediter
Iam pretty new at the expediting job, however Michigan is a good area to get loads out of and back into. Getting you back to the city you live in would probally be to good to be true.. I live in AuGres Michigan on the lake Huron shoreline.. I usually have to deadhead at least 75-100 miles to get a load and Iam happy if I can just get back into Michigan somewhere. Anywhere in Michigan.. If I need to get home I will Deadhead home....Looney

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Maybe you should try Domino's...They'll get you home every night and they have hot spots everywhere in Michigan...not to mention the cool sign you get to put on top of your truck.You won't have to pay for a qualcom either.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Bubba,

I'm not going to poke fun at your question, but I do understand the frustration of some who have already been trying to help you. My suggestion is this: You need to spend the next few months in the Newbie section and read everything. Ask questions there first. If you have already been to the Newbie section? Well......you really need to go back there before you even attempt to sign on with anyone.
Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

Drive Safe!

Jeff

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Back when I drove a small straight truck for a company we hauled a lot of freight between chicago and new jersey. We never had a problem finding loads going each way.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
The Grand Rapids area is a good area to get loads out of for many (not all) companies. It is also a good area for return loads with the right company. Some people feel that if you don't want to spend 6 to 10 weeks on the road you aren't worthy to be an expeditor. Frankly everyone is different and how you spend your 80 to 90 (exagerated?) working hours a week is up to you and your company. It does take a very major time and effort commitment to do this work but trying to get home to see your family once in a while shouldn't be a crime. Some don't have familys. Some are a family on the road. Some would rather not see their familys. Some familys would rather not see them. I think it was a fair and reasonable question. It depends on the time of year. Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Holland, Muskegon, Detroit all can be very good both inbound and out bound. The Bully thing isn't too far off the mark. I'll get off my soap box now.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Sorry guys. I've been on the road and I don't have internet access on the road. The bully thing makes me a little hot under the collar but as I read on in the forum I can see that this may not be a case of bullying. I hope no feelings were hurt. I think I'll go back to taking that break I was talking about.