Hoping the apple fell far from the tree

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The establishment doesn't want Newt probably just as much as Paul.

Well, first, there's NOBODY they want less than Dr. Paul; he's the only one who will upset the establishment apple cart. Everybody else is more of the same, including Newt. Second, though Newt is unorthodox, he's establishment to the core, and the establishment is in panic mode, knowing how fed up the country is with them. Newt isn't their first choice, but he's far from their last.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That's the conventional wisdom, but I'm not so sure. Like Jefferson pointed out, this is a different ballgame [the R candidates other than Paul are the slimiest group ever assembled for our consideration]
Of this, there can be very little doubt - if anyone is actually being honest, if only with themselves.

and Paul has a lot more support than the MSM is acknowledging. I think he could beat Obama.
There's little doubt that he could beat Obama - doing it as a 3rd party candidate might be a lot tougher.

The reason being is look how many people are mindlessly locked into the thought-stopping, don't-think-for-yourself "groupthink" of supporting "The Party" at all costs - all the while fully acknowledging that the Party has failed to deliver on the very things they hold dear. Indeed, it has often done the exact opposite.

To say nothing of the fact that "The Party" screwed the pooch the last time around .... given that, why trust them now ?

Sadly, it reminds me of this (just be sure to substitute the word "Muslim" for "Jewish"):

The First Speech

Truly, those that are ignorant of history, are doomed to repeat it.

If Paul loses and doesn't run, the Republicans still have a very good shot at loosing to Obama, because Newt, Romney (especially now with the missing hard drives fiasco) nor Perry can defeat Obama.
Oh ... I would say that it's far more than a good shot - it's almost a certainty (for a whole variety of reasons)

It would seem that it's the Republicans who should be supporting Paul, not the other way around.
A point that often bears repeating.

The Party's failure to support him the last time gave Obama the election. Instead, they elected to go with another statist establishment warmonger.

There is often derisive commentary, arrogantly leveled at the whole "Hope & Change" thing ..... those that do so, do it at the peril of making themselves look like complete fools ..... for failing to recognize the need, want, and desire for it .... and then like complete putzes, offering up only more of the same ...

Will they never learn ?

Can anyone genuinely be that stupid ?

BTW, if anyone wants to see a recognition of that desire, click the first link (imagine) in my signature.

That last line? Too too funny.
Indeed ..... :rolleyes:

Last edited: