Honda Generator Sale

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Okay,
I have no idea if this is a good deal or not but saw this in the paper and it's good til December 1st at Participating Honda Dealers
The ad is for MSI(Mill Supplies Inc) in Fort Wayne, In 260 484-8567 I am sure there are other dealers all over

EU2000i reg. price 1099.00 Sale price with rebate 899.00
EU2000i Companion reg. price 1199.00 Sale price with rebate 999.00
both of those are the small portable type with handle, perfect for a van :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay,
I have no idea if this is a good deal or not but saw this in the paper and it's good til December 1st at Participating Honda Dealers
The ad is for MSI(Mill Supplies Inc) in Fort Wayne, In 260 484-8567 I am sure there are other dealers all over

EU2000i reg. price 1099.00 Sale price with rebate 899.00
EU2000i Companion reg. price 1199.00 Sale price with rebate 999.00
both of those are the small portable type with handle, perfect for a van :D

That is a good price....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
That is a good price for a NEW 2000 watt model...but you have to watchout, alot of times the discounts are on "refurished" tool rental units....but if it is new and anyone needs one, that is a darn good price....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got mine new from Vandalia rental there on I75 for 925 plus tax total was just under $1000

Honda listed it for 1075...plus tax

as chef said...if it new it is a good deal...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is the best way to mount/carry one of these so it isn't in the way or stolen the first night? Has anyone figured out a larger fuel capacity that doesn't require filling every few hours? Also, do you run an extension cord up through a cracked door window or how do you get the power inside?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Honda has an extended run fuel tank for these units. i have a Homelite unit that "CamperWorld is now hustling as their primary unit and i used an above deck boat 3 gallon extended range boat motor tank and spliced it into the fuel system already with the unit by using brass fttings and shutoffs and fuel line.

As for mounting, they are small enough to sit off to the side and not be in the way of any freight. I have considered mounting a "toolbox" on the back door and mounting the unit inside that, just haven't gotten around to it yet, they weigh about 70 lbs, so no big deal there. Most people simply chain them a tire of the van and rub a good quality HD extention cord thru whatever opening they have.

One thing to consoder and it was a deciding factor in me buying the Homelite unit, is that if you plan on using it ib CA., it has to be CARB certified....the homelite was, the honda 2000 i looked at wasn't but will be next yr according to the dealer...

PS: This is a HONEYWELL Inverter / Generator, NOT a Homelite

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a six gallon marine tank on mine. I talked Ol- "I hate Change" OVM in getting one. Now he's not out there at 4 in the morning filling his tank......maybe now he likes change...harahar

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I thin k you would need to mount something solid to the door and re-enforce it on the inside of the door also..65-75 lbs is alot of weight to hang on one of those spare tire carriers without alot of mods, and the newer GM vans do not have exposed hinges either.

i have been looking into a set of "L" brackets used to mount "under the box toolboxs" and a having a box built at a weld shop to have access to the generartor as i want. A lid that is hinged at the back side of the top and again at the ft edge so that when open the top and front are both open. Mount the "L" brackets on the door with shims to make it "square" and then install a 3/16-1/4 in plate inside the door to spread the stressed area over the whole area and not just on the mounting bolts...with this setup , you can then also feed a HD cord thru the existing wiring holes in the door and door jam. But thats just my idea....

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Two class III hitchs, one in center one off set to one side. The off set one is the swing point, the center one holds the gen and locks in place while sitting or driving. When you are loading or unloading the center one disconnects to allow you to swing the whole setup out of the way. No weight on doors.

Last edited:

transporter

Expert Expediter
to order a honda generator fuel tank 6 gallons...30 hour continues use on high throttle go to wisesales.com. $127 dollars including shipping.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
to order a honda generator fuel tank 6 gallons...30 hour continues use on high throttle go to wisesales.com. $127 dollars including shipping.

You can build your own for around 65.00

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: