Hometime parking

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
My buddy lives near Canton. I live in Indiana, near Kokomo. Neither of us is much enthused at the idea parking at either place, though we both have places we can do.
Preferred is a 'neutral' spot somewhere in Dayton or Columbus. Or even Lima since I have to take 30 to get over to Canton anyway.
Does anyone know a secure place near either town where this can be achieved for not much cash?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would look for one of those self storage units, most are fenced in and you need a code or card to open the gate. I Know the one I use to store my junk has space outside for cars and trucks

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Shadow, since you and your co-driver live in different states, are you planning to leave a personal vehicle at the same location while you are out on the road? Are you both going to plan on being home at the same time? If not, what then? This sounds like a logistical nightmare.
I know there are many teams that are not "same household", but I can't imagine driving for an owner, and then splitting the income.
Please look back at the many posts of how to live cheap out here.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Four separate households making a good living off of one truck is pretty hard. Never heard of it doing much more than keeping people above water. Not saying it can't be done, but it seems to fail more often than it succeeds.

Good luck

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
Four separate households making a good living off of one truck is pretty hard. Never heard of it doing much more than keeping people above water. Not saying it can't be done, but it seems to fail more often than it succeeds.

Good luck

Four? where do you come up with four?

@Pelicn: Yes we are looking for some place that we can leave our personal vehicles while on the road and that we can then leave the truck on our week off.
@ fastman good idea, I will investigate that.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Four? where do you come up with four?

@Pelicn: Yes we are looking for some place that we can leave our personal vehicles while on the road and that we can then leave the truck on our week off.
@ fastman good idea, I will investigate that.

FedEx :D
Owner :p
You :eek:
Your Co-Driver :mad:

When looking for a parking solution, if it was me I would stay outside of the major cities, hopefully less crime.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most Flying J's won't let you park there for long period's of time, you might the manager in a good mood but don't coun't on it

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I had an agreement with a local businessman who owned a greenhouse and nursery. This type of business usually has space to spare and is a little safer invironment. I never had any problems with damage or theft. My D truck sorta fit in with his little fleet of box trucks and my pickup looked like just another employee vehicle.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, really? That seems weird. They have a secure lot where we can keep personal vehicles when on the road?

All you have to do is ask. I've seen drivers come in get in their car on Friday, and come back Monday, and load their stuff in the truck and go. They can only say yes or no....