Home prices to rise

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Wow! Look at that 'median house price'.. especially in relation to median family income! Well, at least it can only go up, right?

DaWhale

Seasoned Expediter
The list is predominantly markets where housing prices were hardest hit by the recession.

Detroit? Really?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They are far more optimistic on Detroit area housing prices than I am. In our area, Monroe, there has been little movement in prices. If anything they are still dropping a bit. Nothing in the works to suggest any real change. No new jobs coming in at all. :(

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I probably should have looked at the link first, but seeing we are dealing with a relator as I type I thought I'd share their insight into the housing market, especially in the Oakland County, MI area. The bottom isn't in sight............yet. Houses and prices are still free falling albeit maybe slower, but still dropping. If your thinking of buying hold off, or be a bit more braver,and offer less, if your selling because you have too... take a hit in your pocketbook,and drop it fast. With all the uncertainity in the world banks just are not lending like they did, real estate companies demand you show them proof you have the cash available to make the deal go through.

Ahhhhhh now Ive read the article, interesting... you know what those investors are doing??? They are buying all the homes on lakefront properties and sitting on them, renting them out. There are a bzillion homes in our area that are vacant, and falling into disrepair,and are open to trespass. These are people, companies who see a good deal ( I know someone else's heartache) and are coming in, and buying them up. Hey Im glad but you know what.. live in it, make a contribution to the area. Because if you can't hold onto it, it will just come back onto the market,prolonging the end result.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Expert Expediter
Keep in mind that most of these same so-called "experts" were buying Merril Lynch stock and securitized mortgages (now known as "toxic waste") right up until the very end, or at least most of them were. Why would anyone trust _them_?