Holy batcrap, Batman! How much?

quickpickup1

Seasoned Expediter
1500.00 for a drive shaft lmao,you can get a custom aluminum one done up for half that!!:)
Do some research and get out your micrometer and dial calipers, you may just find a oem made part that fits but just isnt labled for your application.It will take some trial and error but 15.00 a u joint versus 1500.00 to replace the whole thing. wow!!!!
I would like to get a dead sprinter and frakenstein a 6.0 and a 4l80e into it with all electronics. Hey sell that pig paper weight 3.0 for 6+k and get you a less expensive and more reliable motor for 1/4 the price and maintenace!!!!

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
1500.00 for a drive shaft lmao,you can get a custom aluminum one done up for half that!!:)
Do some research and get out your micrometer and dial calipers, you may just find a oem made part that fits but just isnt labled for your application.It will take some trial and error but 15.00 a u joint versus 1500.00 to replace the whole thing. wow!!!!
I would like to get a dead sprinter and frakenstein a 6.0 and a 4l80e into it with all electronics. Hey sell that pig paper weight 3.0 for 6+k and get you a less expensive and more reliable motor for 1/4 the price and maintenace!!!!

frankentruck would not be allowed in almost all the shops out there ;)

I thought there was going to be a gas version of the sprinter. Did they ever do that?

Monty

Expert Expediter
Did a lot of checking .. it appears Rockauto is the supplier of choice. They ask about $85.00 for the units.

The lady was nice enought to look at her returns, no one has ever returned them, so it appears they do fit, and work.

Funny thing is, the tire dealer here can "see" the Monroe part number, but he has no source to order it from.

I think I will call Freightliner Monday and tell them to cancel the order, and go with these ... they are 1/3 the cost of OEM .... and Monroe assures me they meet all OEM standards.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Cableguy .. guess I owe you dinner!

Thanks so much for the information ....

I did order them from RockAuto and cancelled the Freightliner order.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Cableguy .. guess I owe you dinner!

Thanks so much for the information ....

I did order them from RockAuto and cancelled the Freightliner order.

Not a problem. Found that one when I was looking for the brake pad rebate.

I got a coupon for dinner too. 20% off at Dennys.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Did a lot of checking .. it appears Rockauto is the supplier of choice. They ask about $85.00 for the units.

The lady was nice enought to look at her returns, no one has ever returned them, so it appears they do fit, and work.

Funny thing is, the tire dealer here can "see" the Monroe part number, but he has no source to order it from.

I think I will call Freightliner Monday and tell them to cancel the order, and go with these ... they are 1/3 the cost of OEM .... and Monroe assures me they meet all OEM standards.

Is there a junk yard for Sprinters where parts are available?

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I checked .... not for a 2008 model .... Monroe makes them, but the only outlet, apparently, is Sprinter! ..... communist's! ;)

Apparently you have not checked out napa,advance or some of the other chain stores .

As for that cost they quoted you, ask them if that includes a backrub and lube ,because they are stroking you

btw- freightliner and mercedes now make the sprinter but I love my 2005 Dodge 2500 model (has 400K + and still goin strong

jes my 2 cents

Joe

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mercedes makes the Sprinter, tjey and freightliner sell them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One in Missouri I believe. Heard of a few people getting parts there.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

R&T Salvage
5157 cr 200
Joplin, MO 64801
417-673-4692

I ordered 4 rear dooe hinges, easy install. New hinges 134.00 each. R&T- 20 ea + 15 shipping. They buy all the FedEx, (Big FedEx), wrecked Sprinters, and other fleets. You can get anything Sprinter there. Even Rims Jenny, just in case you and Nick want to power coat yours-LOL

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently you have not checked out napa,advance or some of the other chain stores .

As for that cost they quoted you, ask them if that includes a backrub and lube ,because they are stroking you

btw- freightliner and mercedes now make the sprinter but I love my 2005 Dodge 2500 model (has 400K + and still goin strong

jes my 2 cents

Joe

Mercedes always made the Sprinter. Dodge and Freightliner sold them in the US up to 2009. Now Mercedes and Freightline sell them.