Hino Quote

klippencott

Expert Expediter
I talked to the Hino dealer in Ft. Worth today. He gave me a quote for a 25,950 lb truck with, air brakes, a 72" sleeper and a 22' box:

41,955 Basic truck price
13,000 72" sleeper by Weldon Sleepers in Ft. Worth
1,500 to stretch the frame 30"
7,000 for a 22' box with a roll-up door
-------
3,966 Texas sales tax
-------
67,421 Total (rounded)

1,500 Additional for air bags
He quoted a few other options that were not important to me.
I asked about MPG, he said with the sleeper and box it would be around 10.

I had never heard of Weldon Sleepers till he mentioned them.

I'm sure if I actually wanted to order one the numbers would be adjusted somewhat but it does give me a good idea of the price range.

I think I'll just pull out the old checkbook and order one tomorrow - NOT!! (I wish :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have only learned alittle about them over the last few weeks. I think you would be better served by talking to Churney Trucks in Cleveland as they have already done these as expediters.
Not sure how they would price compare, but here is there number.
216-475-3322

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you tag the truck with an apportioned plate to run the 48 states you don't pay Texas sales tax.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Weldon sleepers has been around for quite a while. Sounds like a decent price to me.

mike11

Expert Expediter
What is your empty weight expicted to be. Will you be a c or a d unit? what company will you lease with? I would guess a payload of around 10k Thanks for any info you can provide..........

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Hinos are good trucks with a high customer satisfaction rating . They have an unlimited mileage warranty (2 years ? ) . The only downside is they don't have many dealers nationwide so getting adequate service could be a problem .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd have to add to the downside list a lack of torque with their highest rated engine being only 585 pounds of torque. That's just my opinion but when you can get a 1 ton from the big 3 with up to 605 pounds of torque having only 585 in a 5 ton truck seems pretty weak to me.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hinos are good trucks with a high customer satisfaction rating . They have an unlimited mileage warranty (2 years ? ) . The only downside is they don't have many dealers nationwide so getting adequate service could be a problem
===============================
I think it was posted in the other Hino thread that they have 22,000 locations.
The real question is do they have a good network of parts. There are many Freightliner dealers but seldom do they stock any basic parts.
I get annoyed when I have to pay overnight charges to have basic items shipped in. Specifically belts, hoses, and filters.
It is funny my KW dealer never has a problem.
KW of Jacksonville in addition doesn't charge me overnight fees for parts shipped in.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

ibdriving

Expert Expediter
Check for the unladen weight, if you cross scales in CO and weigh more than 16,000 they are going to expect you have a class B license.

There are some companies who will work with a 10,000 payload.

Ed

beachbum20714

Expert Expediter
hino is a good truck.the one i drive for work is a ''1992'',only problem in 5 yrs that i have been driving it,alt went out,clutchand replaced the fuel tank.we have other trucks,(2) 2003 frieght liners,1999 international(flat bed)1992 peter built,and a ford.all have had problems.replacing this or that all the time.hino is a very dependable truck.