Hino L7 seat problems

MrPotato

New Recruit
Driver
Hino_L7.png
Hello,

I recently started driving a 2023 Hino L7 box truck. Before that, I had a Freightliner M2. After about a month and a half, I started to have nerve problems in my groin area, on the right side. It felt like my nerve kept getting stuck on top of the muscle. One time, when I stood up, it snapped back into place. I hope I never have to go through that again! It's sounded like a twig breaking and it hurt like hell!

The doctor told me it was probably the seat since it's the only thing that's changed, and it got better during my vacation, only to act up again when I came back.
He told me to change the adjustments. Thing is, it's a cheap seat, in a cheap truck in my opinion. No ill intended to the Hino enthusiasts out there.

I cannot change the setting as there are no setting. Only up and down and 4 inches forward or backwards. I did notice that it just felt awkward the first time I sat in there. I felt trapped between the seat and the steering wheel.

I tried buying a cushion to help, but it did next to nothing. I also did every stretch in the book. My wife was more then happy to teach me all her yoga/core exercises things. It did nothing. It actually got worst.

I tried to get the seat changed only to be told that you cannot change the seat on a Hino L7. They are not standard.

My boss had been somewhat sympathetic to my pleas, but it took a while. He tried to get the rental company, and Hino, to change the seat, but they just said that the seats were not defective. They just are the way they are, and I don't blame them so saying that. They techs looking at it basically told me to expect what you pay for. You pay less, you get less. They're not wrong.

So last week my left side started hurting and acting up. That was the tipping point. I told my boss that unfortunately I had to leave the company. I love my job, my colleagues and my customers, so wasn't a light-hearted decision.

Finally we found a solution. I am not sharing a Freightliner with a semi-retired co-worker. As soon as I started to drive the Freighliner I noticed a difference.

That whole episode was crappy and sorta painful. I would like to know if anyone has had similar experiences with Hino trucks.

Or has anyone ever had major health issues caused by a truck air seat.

I'm sorry if this post was long, I'm a first time poster and not very experienced in social media stuff. Have a great day.

TD'DR : I hate Hino trucks. The air seat caused nerve problems in my groin.

Attachments

• Hino_L7.png
    Hino_L7.png
    748.1 KB · Views: 0

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
You can yank that seat out and put whatever seat you want in there. Some fabrication will be required.

MrPotato

New Recruit
Driver
You can yank that seat out and put whatever seat you want in there. Some fabrication will be required.
Thanks for the reply. I asked about that in a few shops. They all told me Hino make non-standard seats. Standard air seats are too big for Hino L series trucks. I got switched to another truck and I'm already feeling better. I drive freightliner M2. Drive is also better; handles the road better. Brakes are better. Everything is better. Damn I dislike Hino trucks.