HIno Bug Screen

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I finished making a bug screen for my HINO what a pain. I think it will work though. After spending 4 hours with a specially made radiator cleaning device getting all the bugs out I figured the 4 hours making the screen I a good investment in not having to pull the front end of my tuck apart again.

The screen is stainless steel wire mess with 6 holes per inch, I hope that's small enough.
483989b2-ad15-4f4d.jpg
483989b2-ad36-e4bb.jpg
483989b2-ad59-9f45.jpg
483989b2-ad73-9af9.jpg

The cleaner is just a section of pipe that has a ball valve on one end and a cap on the other. Cut a slice in the cap with a hacksaw and you will have a nice flat low pressure high volume stream to flush th bugs out. Using copper house pipe would have been better since it is narrower, but I didn't want to have to solder anything.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

moose

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand, Hino Have a part # for this .
( which is an inexpensive )

we all have experienced what happens when the radiator plugged with bugs. this is not because there's anything wrong with the machine, but because back in the day's most dealers ordered them Hino without a bug shields. we've since learned, that the Hino bugshields works wonders to solved that problem.
the dealers also have a tool designed to clean and straightened the core .
or you can 'do it yourself', which is always admirable. :)

thanks for sharing .