Hino 155 Engines

zenn7

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have been seriously looking around for a small Japanese cab over truck. I am budget conscious. The sooner I learn from some others experiences the better re this.
From what I see on the net the Hino 155 had the 173 hp engine from 2009 to 2011 and then in 2012 started dropping in the JO5E (210 HP) used in the 195.
That 210 hp is appealing to someone who loves Coe's but really wants to get a Hwy contract.Quite frankly I dont think I need that much (19000GVW) truck.

So I find an affordable 2010 Hino 155 today at a fine price(333000 kms)with the smaller 173 hp . Anyone have any real life experience hauling a tonne and a half down the Hwy. Doable or just not realistic?
Much appreciated

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Have been seriously looking around for a small Japanese cab over truck. I am budget conscious. The sooner I learn from some others experiences the better re this.
From what I see on the net the Hino 155 had the 173 hp engine from 2009 to 2011 and then in 2012 started dropping in the JO5E (210 HP) used in the 195.
That 210 hp is appealing to someone who loves Coe's but really wants to get a Hwy contract.Quite frankly I dont think I need that much (19000GVW) truck.

So I find an affordable 2010 Hino 155 today at a fine price(333000 kms)with the smaller 173 hp . Anyone have any real life experience hauling a tonne and a half down the Hwy. Doable or just not realistic?
Much appreciated
Doable for those short hauls not needing a dock.

zenn7

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay thx... Im hoping to get a food service contract..And in your opinion with the extra 35 hp with the 210 hp model195 , doable?

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Okay thx... Im hoping to get a food service contract..And in your opinion with the extra 35 hp with the 210 hp model195 , doable?
I dont see why not.....

When i was in the linen rental business, i droved a truck similar to this. It handled 4000 lbs of towels, aprons, table clothes, napkins, etc just fine.