HID conversion

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I would like to know if anyone plans on using or converting to HID lights in the near future on their trucks.

I not really soliciting any business but I may have a chance to get 40 HID conversion kits for under $250 each and am going to get two sets for evaluation. I am courious if any one really cares about HID lights?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, High-intensity discharge lamp. A lot of newer cars have them. A lot brighter light and they don't seem to produce a lot of glare or blind people (much).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've seen them at the truck show for upwards of $1000 for the kit for a 4 lamp rectangular system. I've been planning to get a set of Cibie or Hella replacements for my 2 low beam lights. I've had them on a couple of vehicles and although they don't match HID they are pretty good for a little over $100. If I find somebody who can install them for me I may want to go with the HID instead.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Aren't they the lamps with a blue hue to them? We like em and thought they would become more popular but they didn't seem to take off (cost?) I didn't want to invest in something thay had the potential to become obsolete. I have driven a car with them and the field of vision was much improved with alot less fatigue on the eyes. The only problem with them is if a car is approaching from the rear I have to do a double take, kinda looks like a patrol car.
Mike and Cyn

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
At that price, I'd definitely be interested in a setup. I got to drive a Subaru that had a conversion on it, and it was night time, backroads, in the woods. I thought they were great.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
Greg,

I am definitely interested in a HID lamp kit! More details please!!! Maker? Warranty? Etc, etc.

I am currently running Hella DOT replacement lamps (H4 bulbs 55/80watt), but I have always thought "nothing exceeds like excess" when it come to lighting.

BTW, isn't it time for another "Who said this?" quote in your sig line?

Rex

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I am definitely interested in a HID lamp kit! More details
>please!!! Maker? Warranty? Etc, etc.
>
>I am currently running Hella DOT replacement lamps (H4 bulbs
>55/80watt), but I have always thought "nothing exceeds like
>excess" when it come to lighting.

I am sending out the part numbers tonight - one for a 9004 and one for h4 systems. I want to test these first before I say anything else to make sure they live up to the manufacture's claims. But when I order them, I have to order 40 at a time.

I am interested in the interest and thoughts about HID headlights.

>BTW, isn't it time for another "Who said this?" quote in
>your sig line?

Yes you are right, thank you for reminding me. I have been working on my non-profit and dealing with civic violations (didn't cut the weeds behind the shed hidden by the trees and the vines) so I haven't had a chance to search through my qoutes to post a new one, it will be changed.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I have been on the road doing my expediting thing and know I haven't gotten any packages from them. I should hear (get I mean) something soon because of the deadline I gave them.