HHG ?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
HHG stand for House Hold Goods.It is a mileage calculating system to determine the miles between pick up and delivery locations. It is an old out of date mileage guide,because they determine mileage based on the absolutely shortest route between the cities involved.
They will use local and even county roads to save miles.
Most companies these days use the Rand Mcnally mileage guide which is the practical miles. HHG is usually much shorter but will take much longer. Roberts Express used to use HHG but after many minor rebellions they changed.Example is one guy I know was on a run going into Lansing Michigan. His pay was based on 320 miles of HHG routing.but his routing was on Rand Mcnally, when he came up on 320 miles, he stopped with 45 miles to go and refused to go any further.
Can you blame him? I think his action spread through the fleet and that started the change.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rich or Weave...Just HOW accurate is this PC Miler or Pro Miler?
Sometimes on some trips it comes up a few short.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think RichM description is a good one. I think pro-miler or pc miler are pretty close. Much more accurate than HHG. They can still be a mile or two off but nothing drastic. Hopefully there are no more companies using this system. A Tri-state recruiter on here was trying to convince everyone that they don't use this system. Sure used it when we were there. There milage was off all the time and of course in their favor.