Hey, You Drive that Express-1 Sprinter Out Front?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in the truck stop watching TV, this guy ask me this question. I said yes and he had a lot of questions. He said he was about to be laid off here in northern Ohio and wanted to know some things about Expediting.

Why Express-1: I told him the story of re-search the carriers, get online and read about them. They all have their good points and bad points. Find one that will have 1 more good point than a bad one.

Make sure you have some cash reserve of at least 3 months....more if you will have a note on what-ever unit type you get.

I told him about EO and how it saved me from making a hugh mistake of signing on with a very bad company. (All Types)

I also told him that the "Laid-Off" bunch see this business from one side only. There have been many laid-offers that jump into this with little or no research only to find out many dollars later, they made the wrong move.

Find someone to drive for to make sure this "Life Style" is for you.

What ever carrier you sign on with- know their freight lanes. Express-1 gave me a map showing the % of loads in the area, 100% load offers down to 20%. Stay in the high % zones.

But, the main thing I kept telling him,... Have some ready cash on hand....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
and the dog had jumped out the open window and was close to hanging himself on the leash....didn't look like he could stand on his hind legs leaning against the door for much longer...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You two have tighten your lug nuts to tight...... I have no dog with me- never will. Now, did you read where I said ANYTHING about a dog? Y'all go back to sleep with your dog(s).

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But you don't deny your window was open...

Oh... I see. First lugnuts now dipstick... MY WINDOW WAS UP DOORS LOCKED.

Note to Newbes: Stand your ground when you come under attack. And you will be.....you.... will.... be........ oh almost forgot my goofy smile thingee :cool: :D

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Sitting in the truck stop watching TV, this guy ask me this question. I said yes and he had a lot of questions. He said he was about to be laid off here in northern Ohio and wanted to know some things about Expediting.

Why Express-1: I told him the story of re-search the carriers, get online and read about them. They all have their good points and bad points. Find one that will have 1 more good point than a bad one.

Make sure you have some cash reserve of at least 3 months....more if you will have a note on what-ever unit type you get.

I told him about EO and how it saved me from making a hugh mistake of signing on with a very bad company. (All Types)

I also told him that the "Laid-Off" bunch see this business from one side only. There have been many laid-offers that jump into this with little or no research only to find out many dollars later, they made the wrong move.

What ever carrier you sign on with- know their freight lanes. Express-1 gave me a map showing the % of loads in the area, 100% load offers down to 20%. Stay in the high % zones.

A very simple recipe for success. Thanks for posting.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

You served that stranger well.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL, and i thought there was only one "curmudgeon" on EO...:D;)

That is funny.

However, not as funny as what you said:
Empty in Cottondale AL. At the "J" on 65 in McCalla to get some sleep....

You do need sleep if you "Think" you are on I-65 in McCalla, AL!

curmudgeon, curmudgeon

Another note to Newbes: McCalla, AL is on I-20/I-59. Make sure you have good maps and GPS. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Steady Eddie wrote:

You do need sleep if you "Think" you are on I-65 in McCalla, AL!

curmudgeon, curmudgeon

Another note to Newbes: McCalla, AL is on I-20/I-59. Make sure you have good maps and GPS.

You are absolutely right...and i need more sleep!!! I didn't put the AC unit in when i got here, just put the bunk back together and posted then went to bed...it is heading to 90 outside so i woke up hot, got up put the AC in, fired up te generator and now its cooling off so I can now get some more sleep...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Steady Eddie wrote:

You are absolutely right...and i need more sleep!!! I didn't put the AC unit in when i got here, just put the bunk back together and posted then went to bed...it is heading to 90 outside so i woke up hot, got up put the AC in, fired up te generator and now its cooling off so I can now get some more sleep...

Thats why I built my gen. And ac in permentaly to the van...no setting up camp...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App