Hey, these guys stole your gig!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Mark Rongers is a very good friend of mine. I have known him for almost 10 years. I am the person responsible for him getting his boats Coast Guard certified. I own one. He has had boats in Texas for 8 years that I know of.

We are just "spreading the religion"!!! I am happy to be even such a small part of it. I would be happy to introduce you to him and even "convert" you to the sport!! NOTHING else like it anywhere in the world.

If you HURRY I can introduce you to the last remaining of the 3 men that invented this type of boat. John Kalash. He is getting close to 90 years old so don't put it off long!! Come out the the Pointe Mouillie Waterfowl Festival and Michigan Ducks Hunters Tournament in Sept. Mark, John myself and several other layout "boys" will be there!! Your chance to meet several "gunners of the broad waters" all in one place at one time. I can even arrange a "layout boat ride" FOR FREE!!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Nope!! That was my 16' not my layout!!! My layout, a "Kalash Legend One" made by the "Mighty Layout Boys", is PERFECT!!! :D

Untill the rollers start up :D

We dont get see to flocks like that in the video everyday up here.But when we do it makes the whole season worth it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Untill the rollers start up :D

We dont get see to flocks like that in the video everyday up here.But when we do it makes the whole season worth it.

I would have NO PROBLEM at all hunting in two footers, three it gets kinda hard to shoot and I quit after that!! I seldom hunt in more than two. It is just no fun getting beat up.

As to the flocks, we often see rafts in excess of 250,000. In the "good ole days" those rafts were triple that. Before the marshes were destroyed they tell stories of MILLIONS of birds on the Lake.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Ive seen em, Not sure bout those numbers tho..
Nothing better then seeing that come down on top of ya.Had water coming in the boat from geese hitting along side of us seval times,,But its just not seen up here as often as down south from what I understand. I think the numbers are better down there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ive seen em, Not sure bout those numbers tho..
Nothing better then seeing that come down on top of ya.Had water coming in the boat from geese hitting along side of us seval times,,But its just not seen up here as often as down south from what I understand. I think the numbers are better down there.

Yeah, sometimes, you need to come out here, you would be surprised.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, sometimes, you need to come out here, you would be surprised.

I get surprised elated excited every time a bird comes in whether it 1, 2 , or 20. For sure Mich can get some good numbers in on the right day.
I know what your getting at and I would like to try the layout hunt someday. One thing that holds me back a bit i I kinda see it as more of a pass shooting hunt.Something I try to to hold back on.Don't get me wrong Ive done it before (and properly will pass shoot again) and I see birds fall far beyond our reach and thats why I shy away from it.
Plus I see me falling off and out of that thing you call a boat after the first volley of shots. :D
J/king I know how ya like those boats

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I get surprised elated excited every time a bird comes in whether it 1, 2 , or 20. For sure Mich can get some good numbers in on the right day.
I know what your getting at and I would like to try the layout hunt someday. One thing that holds me back a bit i I kinda see it as more of a pass shooting hunt.Something I try to to hold back on.Don't get me wrong Ive done it before (and properly will pass shoot again) and I see birds fall far beyond our reach and thats why I shy away from it.
Plus I see me falling off and out of that thing you call a boat after the first volley of shots. :D
J/king I know how ya like those boats

Oh how you REALLY need to get out with me and try this. NO pass shooting involved. All the ducks we shoot at are decoying, flaps and gear down most of the time. Ya can't fall out either, you are either lying down or sitting!! Surely a trucker can sit without falling over!!! :p Most shots are at ranges between 20-30 yards. I have GOT to get you out this year!! You REALLY need an education!! :D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Most shots are at ranges between 20-30 yards. I have GOT to get you out this year!! You REALLY need an education!! :D

If the economy allows for xtra time off this season I would be more then happy for ya to give me that education (I really appreciate the offer),,just dont expect me to buy your boat so ya can get a new one:D

Things have been running good at work here and we started to plan our trip up to Indian Lake in the U.P.Just planning at this stage,,if the economy takes a dump so do the plans at this point.Truck and light bills still priority.:mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If the economy allows for xtra time off this season I would be more then happy for ya to give me that education (I really appreciate the offer),,just dont expect me to buy your boat so ya can get a new one:D

Things have been running good at work here and we started to plan our trip up to Indian Lake in the U.P.Just planning at this stage,,if the economy takes a dump so do the plans at this point.Truck and light bills still priority.:mad:

I know the story about the bills etc. You are welcome to join us anytime. Just reading your posts online tells me that you would most likely fit in quite well with us "River Rats". There is no need to buy me a new boat, but without a doubt I will take it if you are buying!!! :D You would be having a chance to hunt with "THE CREW" on the "River". The "Crew" has a total boat inventory of 3 layout boats, 2 two man and 1 one man, a 23' Starcraft, 2 16' boats and an 18 footer. I don't even put my 16' in the water when I hunt with the "Crew".

Try to make it this year if at all possible. I do understand life, bills and all that stuff. I just want you to have a chance to hunt with one of the "Masters" of layout hunting while you still can. Dick is getting up in age and has already had one bout with cancer. He is OK now but who knows at this point. He is one of only 3 living first generation layout hunters left. It would be a wonderful experience even if you never fired a shot!!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
There is no need to buy me a new boat, but without a doubt I will take it if you are buying!!! :D

You will have to wait untill my ship comes in first :D
Been busy as all get out,,this week has died out a bit tho,My QC is mad at me after a minor breakdown at end of last week and after going out of service for repairs I think they are spanking me now?? sorry it took so long to repely..I dont allways get a connection out here.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no need to buy me a new boat, but without a doubt I will take it if you are buying!!! :D

You will have to wait untill my ship comes in first :D
Been busy as all get out,,this week has died out a bit tho,My QC is mad at me after a minor breakdown at end of last week and after going out of service for repairs I think they are spanking me now?? sorry it took so long to repely..I dont allways get a connection out here.

I hope you ship comes in soon!!