He's got to be kidding....

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
no matter what company you run for you need to learn the system, know what the rates are and how to make it work
there are some drivers at some companies that don't know when d time starts, inside , going to 17th floor , when using elevator we aren't allow to have people on elevator with us so I always let them go, and wait
to take 4 pallets of box's up on my hand truck takes one hour from loading dock to 17th floor, and put them where they want them. get here at 0800 and leave about 1230 back station, also have to take the trash down to there trash can, there extra money for that to
also if I get there and back up to dock 1 and you have to go dock 10 that is a 2nd stop (call dispatch)
if we take a ferry to deliver , we get d time for ferry ride both way's some of them we use take hour each way
starts when you get to wait for ferry and then back
rule #1 there is no free lunch, do not do anything for free, or if it is not marked on the bill if you get hurt your ins
for work men's comp will not pay
call in and get it added to bill
if you need a helper to off load or to load, pay them a fair rate,
I pay from $10.00 to $20.00 hour depending how hard job is, if there is d time give them extra $5.00 hour
also if you have to go out of route because you are to high, hazmat there is extra money for that
if you have park 1/2 mile away from the del, charge for that to
before you do something always call dispatcher , because after you have them sign for load it is to late
that is how I make it come out $1.75 mile or more

Reactions: wimpy007 and Turtle

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Geo, are you saying you did like $140,000 on 80,000 miles last year ?
Or like $80,000 on 80,000 miles which came out to $1.75 for all loaded miles ?
There's lots of confusion on here due to lack of consistency in how numbers are reported.
To the carrier or to the truck ?
Loaded miles or all miles ?

Reactions: TheOGExpediterGuy

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I run about 60,000 miles a year, after you do all miles it come about to about a $1.00 for all miles empty or load
driving for company I for is just one div of my company , I have truck consultant part, and do military job fairs to

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run about 60,000 miles a year, after you do all miles it come about to about a $1.00 for all miles empty or load
driving for company I for is just one div of my company , I have truck consultant part, and do military job fairs to

Oh ok lol we do that or better I was gonna say?! Lol

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not even close my friend!

Yes, I agree. My opinion is to each his own. It's just always a kick to see the posts from those that bicker over rates and miles. I've been where I'm at for 4 years and I'm happy. Am I rich!? No. Am I making a solid living!? Yes. If u don't believe what someone is telling you about miles and rates you just let him talk and he'll tell on himself if lying. Lol