HELP expedite

New Recruit
So we were doing owner operator expedite with a company. We decided to get are own authority. Now we are finding that expedite loads are not often found on load boards. Very discouraged. What can I do besides go back to Owner Operator?

Reactions: Tyson

tknight

Veteran Expediter
You not gonna find any load boards with ltl that will pay more than .90 a mile if that you need to sign on with a carrier and right now that's even a crap shoot.

Reactions: ntimevan

Tyson

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I had my own authority when I had 12 tractors and was not leased to anyone. Don't understand why ANYONE would want to do that with only one Truck. I have been doing this about 30 yrs now. I would recommend contacting expedited services in south haven ms.

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I never understood your own authority to run load board freight.
It only makes sense to me if you have enough direct customers to carry that overhead.

Reactions: robh2 and jelliott

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I never understood your own authority to run load board freight.
It only makes sense to me if you have enough direct customers to carry that overhead.
Omer or carrier on load board freight isn't going to do the needed paperwork for you to haul 2 load for them . You need your own paper trail and you will also need it to take loads for your own customers like I do . I run under my own find my own loads in the entertainment world and run under my own to take jobs from multiple carriers and brokers I also run private carrier for my own equipmeent for concerts
I never use others dot or mc numbers cause most of them should be suspended anyways

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
TK, you have a reason to have the authority to operate in conjunction with your show activities.
Would you get authority just to run load board freight w/o having to lease to a carrier ?
If my uncle said I'll give you X amount of freight if you get your own authority, that makes sense to me.
To get it to run load board freight makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Bako12thMan

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
I had my own authority when I had 12 tractors and was not leased to anyone. Don't understand why ANYONE would want to do that with only one Truck. I have been doing this about 30 yrs now. I would recommend contacting expedited services in south haven ms.

I wouldn't trust expediter services with stuffed animals, let alone my business.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't trust expediter services with stuffed animals, let alone my business.
It is very rare to hear a negative comment about ES.
As large as they are, and as old as they are, you'd think there'd be more negative stuff.
I imagine they are pretty awesome to have the positive reputation they have.
So, do you have an interesting story to share ?

Reactions: tattoo and robh2

tknight

Veteran Expediter
If you run freight for hire you have to have some type of authority I said why in the ast post no carrier is going to put u you on their system and check every detail of you for 1 load off a load board.

Bako12thMan

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
No, BigStick, I don't have a story to share, because I'm not in the mood to debate the pros and cons of that company. They did me dirty, and I can list other fedex CC drivers and owners that have similar screw jobs given to them. One lady in particular and the "maintenance supervisor" who proved to us that they're skevy and untrustworthy. That's all.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, BigStick, I don't have a story to share, because I'm not in the mood to debate the pros and cons of that company. They did me dirty, and I can list other fedex CC drivers and owners that have similar screw jobs given to them. One lady in particular and the "maintenance supervisor" who proved to us that they're skevy and untrustworthy. That's all.
That sounds more like a personal issue rather than a systemic issue to be used as the basis for advising people against them with "I wouldn't trust expediter services with stuffed animals, let alone my business." The fact is, Expediter Services has an excellent reputations with mostly comments of high praise from current and former associates. As BigStickJr notes it's rather rare to read or hear negative comments about them.

Reactions: robh2

Bako12thMan

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
Funny. I've heard far more bad than good. But, before I dealt with them, I'd never heard of them at all. Like I said, I don't care to debate the good and bad of this skevy company. You say they're the best company since trucking began. I know, from experience, they're untrustworthy and in the same rotten company as Enron and Bernie Madoff. I've seen them screw peopl. They screwed and lied to me. I know they aren't honest or honorable. End of story.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
End of story.
No, not really, because you claim...
You say they're the best company since trucking began.
...which I did not say at all. I didn't even hint at any such notion. Yet you're somehow able to claim I made such a ridiculous statement. Why would you make up and then post such a thing? Or, worse, do you really think I said that?

Bluntly put, your false statement about what I said dramatically calls into question your characterizations of Expediter Services, meaning your severe misinterpretation and unfaithful restatement of what I said lends one to conclude the same thing of your statements about ES.

Do you have any idea how often we read on these forums "they screwed me out of money" or "they lied to me" and when we eventually drill down to the bedrock of the details of the issue, it is invariably a case of something happening that the driver wasn't expecting and/or didn't like, but there was nothing wrong, illegal or skevy about it. It happens so often that anymore when we see people claim the same exact things you've claim, we know it's probably BS. Unless you have absolute proof, then you have no cause to even type "I wouldn't trust expediter services with stuffed animals, let alone my business," as typing that without a thorough explanation is nothing more than the public posting of a personal problem with a company, which the Code of Conduct explicitly prohibits.

Bako12thMan

New Recruit
Driver
US Navy
You completely missed the point about what I said. And, frankly, I don't give a rats dirty ass what you think is true. Make you're assumptions all you want. Jump to your worthless conclusions all damn day. I hope it puts a smile on your face. You and your opinions are as irrelevant to me as what your kids are doing when your not around. You sound like you work for that company. I know what they did to me. And I know what they did to other drivers. I don't care how you or any other troll in these forums try to twist words around to create an argument. You still have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You're the exact opposite of anything important. I'm done with you. You're dismissed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry, but you don't get to post unsubstantiated, libelous claims about any entity here, especially within your first 10 posts as per the Code of Conduct. You don't get to state that you won't debate the good or bad about a company, twice, and then immediately proceed to post unsubstantiated claims about that company, twice. You do not get to falsely claim I said something which I did not say, nor do you get to call me a troll and then dismiss me. You don't have to like any one here, but you will be respectful of others at all times. If you choose to challenge a Moderator or an Administrator, you're gonna lose every time.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: davekc and robh2

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bako missed a great opportunity to air his story to people with 100's of years combined experiance.
They could have explained why whatever happened did .
No one company will please everybody.
ES's history is that they do a lot of good things for a lot of people.
Bako needs to understand what happened because if he is to continue in this field, it, and probably worse things, will happen again.

Casper0418

Rookie Expediter
I hate to hear him dog ES too. They helped us get started in this business and we really enjoyed working with them. We still recommend them to people trying to get started in this business.
That being said, our decision to move on was a cordial one. They have a successful business model that works for them and we wanted to try another approach. They said no we said thank you. They're still in business and we're doing great. Isn't that what they call a win-win situation?

Reactions: Ragman and robh2

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I have no dog in this fight, but he did totally miss - quote Turtle way off, so I do wonder since he was so defensive, what the real ES story is. Also seems he is not into learning from the incredible talent on here. Too bad he is missing a great opportunity with a great group. Again, no dog, just what I saw. Good luck everyone and be safe out there.