Hello, just a few update questions

mouse549

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello Drivers,
I am actually not new, just out of the drivers seat for awhile, but now I am looking to get back in. I currently live in Tennessee, I am looking to move to New Mexico. Is this a good state to get started again? If so, what companies are good choices?
What states have no state income taxes?
How are things moving out there?
Is it worth getting back in the drivers seat?
I would like to get either a 3500 van or Sprinter.

Thanx
Mouse495

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Not new? The questions are not what I'd expect from one with any experience. New Mexico? Yea, thats the best place to be for expedite freight!
Suggest you do some reading on EO then ask some more relevent questions. Research what is being said as everyone is slow and most talk about a glut of vans.
Tenn has no state income tax but 9.7% sales tax. on everything. Montana ,I believe, has no state income tax? South Dakota also. what difference does it make?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hello Drivers,
I am actually not new, just out of the drivers seat for awhile, but now I am looking to get back in. I currently live in Tennessee, I am looking to move to New Mexico. Is this a good state to get started again?
It pretty much depends on how often you'll be wanting to go home, as to how good NM is.
If so, what companies are good choices?
It seems like the vans are starving [with a few exceptions, of course]. Sprinters may be better - read the Newbies & General Forums as much as you can, to see what the Sprinter drivers are saying about the different carriers. [And see whether any are currently adding any to their fleet.]

What states have no state income taxes?
Um, Fla and Delaware are the only 2 I know of. [Is it just me, or was that right out of left field? :D]
]ooops - misread 'income tax' for sales tax - never mind.]
How are things moving out there?
For some, pretty good. For the rest of us, much slower than we'd like.
Is it worth getting back in the drivers seat?
Don't mean to be a smartass, [yeah, right!] but no one can answer that for you, except you.

I would like to get either a 3500 van or Sprinter.
Do lots of reading before you make the decision - it's tough to make it out here, esp in a van. Good luck, whatever you do.

Thanx
You're very welcome. :)
Mouse495
[Why do I keep getting the "msg too short" thingie?:confused:]

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
[Why do I keep getting the "msg too short" thingie?:confused:]

Because you are posting within the quote,and it appears (to this site's software anyway) that you have posted nothing.

Whenever it gives me that msg, I just add a bunch of these after the quote.
//////////////////////:eek:

Last edited:

oneweekday

Seasoned Expediter
Hi everyone sitting back reading all the post now i want to get in on the action.i have been driving for a while in the 80ies i drove for a owner witch was leased to Mediquik express some of you may remember them. i don't know if there still around.ok after saying that i will go back on the side lines thanks