hello june.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Funny we said that back in January waiting for the spring rush that did not materialize..waiting 3-5 days between loads continuously is a money loser no matter the rate.....

EDIT: But we are in 2 different markets pal...

BTW my inservice days were the about the same...for IRS purposes......265 days a year. Thank you...:)

I do have one unit in the same market. Also believe me it's not just the sprinter market taking a hit right now. Our tractors, straights and sprinter class are all taking a hit.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree completely. Time away from home should be as productive as possible. This business is a roller coaster. Good weeks, bad weeks. How is your revenue for the first five complete months of this year vs last year?

This is a funny business, when I look at my numbers for the first 6 months this year, this is the best year I've ever had. Also, I've taking off more time then ever. Now with that said, I've been very blessed to be in the right places at the right time. I taking loads to places that no one in their right minds would and then gotten loaded out of there.
What the next 6 months holds who knows. All I can is do is to be ready for the next load, take it and see what new opportunity that leads to.
John and the rest of Load 1 are building a great company, along the way we all will have slow times and great one also. There will be great loads and ones that make you want to quit and go flip burgers at Mickey D's. This industry is changing, and we all will have to look at what we want and how we get it.

Have a great rest of the month all, I'm off to the house to celebrate 21 great years of marriage to the love of my life .

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree completely. Time away from home should be as productive as possible. This business is a roller coaster. Good weeks, bad weeks. How is your revenue for the first five complete months of this year vs last year?

I am ahead of last year which I am sure as a company load1 wants their year over year to be better just like we as drivers want our year over year to improve.

My fuel and food costs are also higher this year.

To my point of sitting with ten days left in the second quarter l1 has already paid over 25% more in layover pay for the 2nd qaurter than in the first full qaurter. A number I'm sure you don't like to see and a number I would prefer to see lower meaning I had drove more. Unless my last ten days take a very strong jump which they can my second qaurter will come in under my first for revenue also.

Load one has treated me well and I'm sure that will continue as I continue to work hard for them.

The sitting days regardless become frustrating as we sit in our closets

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mind you 3 years ago I made darned good money...darned good....way above D-1....My personal budget has a lot of flex...I know some like Todd and Chef remember when a $2000 week was a bad week....

I know we knocked John with the phrase..."All roads lead to Taylor" but we made really good $$$$$ with that system....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
With-a-Good-Attitude.jpg
.......Load 1 no matter is still the best carrier around.....:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It is without a doubt an up and down industry we are in. We work hard to try and be the best and do the best that we can every day. We have a pay system that is structured on percentage that directly ties the success of the company and the fleet together. As well things like layover that are not common in our industry share the pain or downside of slower times at a greater percentage on us. This helps to keep us motivated and pushing even when we can't always change what is going on in the market. But it shows in my mind that we care about our fleet and believe that the only true success for an expedite company is working with your fleet!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think despite all the grumbling most of us realize we are at the right place.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mind you 3 years ago I made darned good money...darned good....way above D-1....My personal budget has a lot of flex...I know some like Todd and Chef remember when a $2000 week was a bad week....

I know we knocked John with the phrase..."All roads lead to Taylor" but we made really good $$$$$ with that system....

I'll take me a $2000 week plz.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In route lawrenceburg tn to Urbana, Ohio. Having a good week so can't complain. We'll I could complain about my last delivery, the final 100 miles was grueling. I kept pulling out the map book saying "there has to be a better route then this!". But there wasn't. Some nice sleep after and all better haha :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
speaking of not always about the money....
In the last couple months:
Skil Table saw
Skil power saw
De Walt Jigsaw
and now a De Walt bench grinder.....all with rewards points.....one of the perks....:)

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did ya get that new Hoover Vacuum on Rewards Points too...POKE POKE
I agree we are the best company hope it picks up soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Deadheading to the yard from New Jersey lol maybe I can get a load there...

Todd if you hurry I think they got a load picking up Saturday night from the yard its going to New Jersey....Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Skil Table saw
Skil power saw
....:)

You do realize purchasing SKIL BRAND power tools with your reward points doesn't necessarily mean you have the SKILLS to operate them. Watch your fingers you're an expeditor not a carpenter. ......lol

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Skil Table saw
Skil power saw
De Walt Jigsaw
and now a De Walt bench grinder.....all with rewards points.....one of the perks....:)

I'm just glad you did not buy a Smith and Wesson with your gold reward points

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app