Health off the road

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My weight is down, my legs stronger, my stamina, greater.

My average BP for January is:

116/72 with a resting pulse rate of 64

It would seem that life OFF the road suits me just fine!:cool:

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Glad to hear it, Joe! Your experience illustrates the health cost trucking can bring into one's life. Sleeping full nights alone brings huge benefits.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad to hear it, Joe! Your experience illustrates the health cost trucking can bring into one's life. Sleeping full nights alone brings huge benefits.

So does the long hours stuck in seats, bad air and lack of meaningful exercise.

Being able to spend hour upon hour, outside, in the fresh air, walking, moving whenever the mood suits, does wonders, not only for the body, but the spirit as well. Being the the company of family, and friends, pays dividends that cannot be measured.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My weight is down, my legs stronger, my stamina, greater.

My average BP for January is:

116/72 with a resting pulse rate of 64

It would seem that life OFF the road suits me just fine!:cool:

57653692.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now looking at a "cardio" machine for the house, to extend exercise time when the weather is not good and there is no hunting season to keep me moving. We are also looking at a bird dog, a wire haired Griffon. Providing the for the needs of a breed that needs constant exercise will help to insure that WE get more then we are now as well.

That is another thing that was not able to be done in a truck. It would have been cruel to put a high performance pup into a tiny, noisy, prison.