Heading to Laredo

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well dispatched called and looks like we head back to Laredo tomarow. Pick up tomarow afternoon and drop Monday morning. So maybe we will see some of hall there!
:eek:

oejadu

Active Expediter
Re: Heaeing to Laredo

Wish I was going that direction...sitting up in Minnesota with a bunch of others ...looks to be a long cold weekend..Be careful

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter

Where are you headed from? Wondering what the weather is like in the east as far as truckers are concerned. Mine is supposed to be headed from the east coast to somewhere in Alabama tomorrow and then on to Texas.

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter

We have been running from Carolinas to Indiana this week. Cold and plenty of snow! About to drop in SD. Than pick up there in the morning and head to Laredo. From 20 degrees to 70 in one weekend!
Yall stay safe!!:)

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Thanks for the weather info. Hope that you are staying safe as well with your family on the road. If they are not with you, remember that someone somewhere loves you and maybe that will keep you warm at night. At least that is what I tell my love!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter

That's good to hear. Nothing better to bring a family close together than spending time together. I think it is great that you are all together on your adventure. I only wish my family could do that!!!!! Your wife is a lucky woman to spend that time with you. I hope she appreciates it.

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter

I hope he does! It is hard when you are apart, but hopefully one day we will be together for good. It keeps me warm to know that no matter what is going on, he still loves me. At least I hope he does!

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter

Wish I was going that direction...sitting up in Minnesota with a bunch of others ...looks to be a long cold weekend..Be careful

Sooo....

What have you learned on your trips to BFE?

If its not. DON'T DO IT.. I can help ;)

Where in MN are you? Saint Cloud again?

BTW high tomorrow 31 Sunday it's a heat wave at 40.

"The learning curve always takes a turn through your wallet"

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter

Sooo....

What have you learned on your trips to BFE?

If its not. DON'T DO IT.. I can help ;)

Where in MN are you? Saint Cloud again?

BTW high tomorrow 31 Sunday it's a heat wave at 40.

"The learning curve always takes a turn through your wallet"

Ain't that the truth! We are fortunate, being a team, we tend to get back on the road pretty quickly. Haven't set a whole day this week!:p

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Now Wait Just A Ding-Dong Minute! I thought (and read on this forum) that Laredo, TX was a place to avoid like the plaque! Now all of a sudden, you guys are tripping over each other to go there! Remember, I am a Newbie and watch everything you guys do for guidance and inspiration, so, as usual, I am confused. Please explain....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now Wait Just A Ding-Dong Minute! I thought (and read on this forum) that Laredo, TX was a place to avoid like the plaque! Now all of a sudden, you guys are tripping over each other to go there! Remember, I am a Newbie and watch everything you guys do for guidance and inspiration, so, as usual, I am confused. Please explain....

LOL..i understand your confusion.....but look at the post counts of the posters except for Chef(whos on the $2 bill side) all newbees....;)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Laredo can be a gamble....my rule of thumb.....if things are busy up north....ie. Detroit ...Mich..ind.. then Laredo USUALLY is an easy in ...easy out deal...if Detroit is slow ...Laredo is slow....that's why its good to talk around...see what everbodys doing...keep an ear open to where and whats moving....me personally I'm staying out of there for now....there is enough work up here to make the the $$ I would going there....and I'm not going to get stuck for a week....I hear things are moving down there though........the other thing to remember is rates are good going in....bad going out....so hagle for more $$ going down to make up for the screwing you get when you leave...they always make it sound like there doing you a favor @ .80 going out if Laredo....
Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laredo can be a gamble....my rule of thumb.....if things are busy up north....ie. Detroit ...Mich..ind.. then Laredo USUALLY is an easy in ...easy out deal...if Detroit is slow ...Laredo is slow....that's why its good to talk around...see what everbodys doing...keep an ear open to where and whats moving....me personally I'm staying out of there for now....there is enough work up here to make the the $$ I would going there....and I'm not going to get stuck for a week....I hear things are moving down there though........

For some carriers, Laredo is sure better then that sinkhole called Dallas.....LOL

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
For some carriers, Laredo is sure better then that sinkhole called Dallas.....LOL

That is very true...the other thing its all based on your carrier..Bolt has an office in Laredo ...seems to help a little..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is very true...the other thing its all based on your carrier..Bolt has an office in Laredo ...seems to help a little..

I find San Antonio a great place to launch from....you can hit 3 different crossings within 2-3 hrs.... Dallas you are stuck...Laredo has more options....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think some Cvers goes thru this......

they get that long one to Laredo and all the way down they are counting the cash and what bills to pay and have this high hope of a quick turn around in the same pay week...like a 3G payday...dispatch is the best thing since French toast....after unloading and the days pass and ya wait and wait and it sinks in, this is the only load of the week...the mood changes to dispatch sits on their butt too much..LOL and now the idea, the panic...what happens if I sit here all this week!!! ARGgggg