Heading from a B to a D unit

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Weeellll, things did not go smoothly with last owner as those of you who have read my posts already know...so the perverbial "stuff" hit the fan this last w/e and our relationship ended somewhat advesarily with me coming out $1500.00 on the short end. But older and wiser I have found a new owner to work for and checked with prior employees who to a man gave glowing reports. So with hopes high I head to my new adventure in a bigger truck to see if D trucks really do make more $$.

By the by, beware the owner from michigan who will be looking for a cargo van driver. Thats all i'll say here but contact me if you'd like more info before hiring on with someone from this state..

Wish me (better) luck this time around....

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Good Luck! I admire your determination and attitude. Everyone can bounce back - just ask Broompilot!:7:7 ;-)

The Gibster

SillySafetyGirl

Expert Expediter
Good luck on your new adventure Hobo!

I was sorry to see that you left $1500 in the hole though. Hope you can recoup the majority of that!

Silly

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Given the way small claims work...Having to go to MI to file...getting a judgment...then collecting on that judgement..My chances of recovering any of that $1500.00 are about zilch.

just as frustrating I refused to take the van back to MI on my own dime after she refused to pay any of the money she owed me so she had to come to FL to pick up which gave her reason to not even pay me for my last 4 loads. Then the co. we contract with "warned" the new boss to check on me before hiring me as a result.

Wondering why I was'nt "warned" about this owner by the company before I hired on with her as it seems she has done the same to other drivers in the past.

As seen on other posts the owners have the advantage i guess...

Grrrrrrrrrrr

thunderhorse

Expert Expediter
well hobo, dust yourself off and let it go. what goes around comes around. learn something from the lesson and come away from the experience a better person.

miko

Expert Expediter
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate news.
Hope things work out better this time, I know, things are tough right now. Don't know who the old owner was, but like I wrote in some other posts, there are quite some o/o from MI these days looking for van drivers...