Hazmat background checks

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Well , they finally got this going . Beginning this month new applicants are expected to pay out over $90 for a background check . Renewals won't be affected for a couple of months . I'm sure the checks will disqualify quite a few current holders of hazmat endorsements . I assume all o/o and drivers for fleet owners will have to absorb this cost . You have to wonder if there will be many erroneous reports denying applicants . It happens all the time with credit checks .

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
rec'd a letter in mail from state of va dmv stating if you have done any of the following turn in your hazmat to nearest dmv and if you think you should get it back you will be able to appeal and said how to do it in the letter and for people in va it said after may 05 will
have to do back ground check and you will have to pay x number of dollar's and now add that to your cost of lic
just renew my in sept and good for 5 year's

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I waqs fixing to go off on a long rant here. Instead I only have 3 words to say.

Un Freaking Believable.

:(

--
Mike N

Faster than a speeding poulet.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
murder, stealing, no green card , gun running, drugs
alot of other things to

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Anyone have a link to the official rules?

--
Mike N

Faster than a speeding poulet.

Owner/Operator Big 'B'
Experienced
10 years auto transport
2 years local/distance expedite
Laurel, MD (Washington DC area)

Trucker don

Expert Expediter
I wonder what going to happen to us Canuks. We've been Mugged(Picture), Finger Printed, and Been check out with the fast card. 80.00 CDN. Now the TSA wants to get on the act to with found money from Drivers for the Privelige of hauling HAZMAT.

||','''|''''''\__ ,___
| Trucker_Don | | ||__|'__|___| |()))))))))))))))))
['''(@)'(@)"""''|(@)(@)

Catch me on the Road--or
-- on the Net
[email protected]