Have you gotten your EOBR yet?

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
What do you think,pro's and con's.We have had our's about 7 weeks now.At first I wasn't to fond of it,after running paper logs so long,but I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.Now I like it more and more.No more adding,and recaping all the time.no more rounding up or down when stopping.Since we have prepass we havn't had to deal with the weight station wanting to see our logs yet.Nor have we had to deal with a road side inspection.I think the more Dot officers get used to these the easier it will be for us.Since you can't fudge the numbers,you would think once Dot officer or anyone else saw you had an EOBR they would Know your on the up and up,and you shouldn't have any log book violations.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We tested one for two years and now have the QC EOBR live and we would hate to go back. You are right no more worries of log book violations because you drew a line wrong, no more wondering where in the world the rest area you are stopped at is located. We can quickly glance over at the QC and see how many more hours we have to drive, and how close we are getting to having to do a restart. There is a lot less stress for us having the EOBR in the truck.

We are also very pleased with how much easier DTTS is to use then it was on the old QC. We are also pleased with how fast we get load information and not having to worry about pulling under the fuel canopy and missing a load opp.

I do wish the QC would boot faster and that is really my only complaint.