Have you ever heard of such a "policy"?

Living the dream

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cell phone or qc. It's all a business tax write off. I don't use a qc. My carrier I drive for emails the load info after they call me to see if I want it. They have no clue if I moved from 1 truck stop to Walmart etc. I tell them what town with in so many miles I'm in. Panther used to bump me if I was 1st out an moved 3 miles to a Walmart. That qc tracks every move you make. Just like electronic logging. The plus is. What ever it does cost either phone or qc. It's all a business tax write off.

Reactions: Opel2010

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
. Panther used to bump me if I was 1st out an moved 3 miles to a Walmart. That qc tracks every move you make. Just like electronic logging. The plus is. What ever it does cost either phone or qc. It's all a business tax write off.

Panther has some dictatorial rules... and they're not the only ones... they keep forgetting that we are IC, not their employees...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The way I read the OP, he was talking about settlement check not escrow money. Two different things.
Yup, that was the OP, then it took a curve to the escrow... 'cause I bumped on it when I tried to lease the truck to this carrier...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cell phone or qc. It's all a business tax write off. I don't use a qc. My carrier I drive for emails the load info after they call me to see if I want it. They have no clue if I moved from 1 truck stop to Walmart etc. I tell them what town with in so many miles I'm in. Panther used to bump me if I was 1st out an moved 3 miles to a Walmart. That qc tracks every move you make. Just like electronic logging. The plus is. What ever it does cost either phone or qc. It's all a business tax write off.
we use macro point and email.....MP will track you when the dispatcher activates its or puts a tracking bug on you...

the QC..you just pull the plug... with your phone just turn off "location services" for that app...