Happy Thanksgiving Thread .. who's going home who's not??

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i am but will remain in service......

here is a thanksgiving story and song for all you turkey nd non turkey folks out there.. ha

Last edited by a moderator:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Time will tell but it seems unlikely we will get back to NY. I deliver to Fort Hood in the morning then we will see where the next load takes us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

moose

Veteran Expediter
I will be home in time for Turkey day.
last year we had a Turkey disaster. it looks great until the curving began...that bird did not go down quietly!...soon enough we found ourselves starring on an un-eatable pile of white rubber.
needless to say, i called the lady today and told her "your not cooking!"

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
We offered to keep running but if we get close to any family or friends we have plenty of offers in quite a few states so it all depends where we end up!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm staying out, my microwavable turkey and dressing meal is in the cupboard. Oh yeah, I'm livin' large.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Already home. Been here since last Tuesday and will go back next Monday.
After our first Thanksgiving on the road, (5 days in Bordentown) we vowed to never stay out over a major holiday unless we were on a really good load.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Time will tell but it seems unlikely we will get back to NY. I deliver to Fort Hood in the morning then we will see where the next load takes us.

I'm in owego,ny right now. My dispatch called the other day without me asking and said I would get home probably by Wednesday and leave back out Monday. God I love this company.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've asked to be near home Thursday, we'll see what happens. Saturday is more important, we're having my granddaughters 1st birthday then.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

For the one's on the road, be careful and many miles.God Bless Jason and Patsy

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm in owego,ny right now. My dispatch called the other day without me asking and said I would get home probably by Wednesday and leave back out Monday. God I love this company.

Sounds like they are interested in keeping their drivers happy. We book our own loads so if we find a reasonable one going home I'll go but if the money is there I will be driving.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Planning on being home by Tuesday night. Home now, if I don't like my offers on Monday, may just take the whole week off. Definitely start running again the Monday after Turkey Day.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I've asked to be near home Thursday, we'll see what happens. Saturday is more important, we're having my granddaughters 1st birthday then.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

we are home for thankgiving.. our first thankgiving with our new granddaughter. her first is on 12/30. big fun !!

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Not sure yet waiting to see what the freight offers look like? If I get some decent offers will stay out and run then enjoy a free turkey dinner at the T/a or Petro.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Not sure yet waiting to see what the freight offers look like? If I get some decent offers will stay out and run then enjoy a free turkey dinner at the T/a or Petro.

Free?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
My drivers will be home and off for 4 days. They deserve it. If any are reading this "Thanks".
Please come by and pick up your Turkey.
If anyone hasn't tried the new Electric Turkey friers, get one their great. :cool:

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Wife and I plan on staying out unless we end up close to home ((Decatur, Al.) on Wednesday. Last year we celebrated Thanksgiving at the Petro in Monee