Happy news i want to share

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds like we are a 100 dollar bill away...

If both Pete (and the wife to be) and the trucks owner are ok with it. I'll put the money where my mouth is. I can paypal or mail a check.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'll do $50 as well so that should be the whole amount now. Could golfournut please shoot us a PM on where to send the money?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Wow! I go have dinner and miss all the fun! Congrats Wombat and Stardust!

Dale

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It is Happy News Pete and Teresa! May you have a joyous life together!:D

psssssst Dreamer...when do we get the new smileys?

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
And here I thought paying off my house today was a big deal..

Congrats dude!

I congratulated the wb in a pm...but you? Feels GREAT doesn't it? I did that 6 years ago (the site built one, the one we park at any given J was already clear). Now it's yours all yours! Congratulations!

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I congratulated the wb in a pm...but you? Feels GREAT doesn't it? I did that 6 years ago (the site built one, the one we park at any given J was already clear). Now it's yours all yours! Congratulations!

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

indeed.. however we see this one as a spring board to the next. It's a mobile home. Nothing wrong with them, but it's not exactly what we want. it's hard living with 2 kids in 1100 Sq ft.. I never get to sleep in due to noise.

we bought it right, paid it off in 2 years. Remodeled the kitchen and will be doing the bathrooms next. It's currently in the most over priced under preforming park in the area. For 2K we can move it to the best park in the area that also happens to have one of the lowest lot rents (family owned.. The park it is in now belongs to an investment company who didn't flip it before the crash)

Once that is all done it goes on the market at market value (will make a tidy profit on it) and we will use the 30-35K we get for it as a down payment on a 100-140K home :) we have to stay in it until the end of this year or we have to repay the home buyer tax credit. we will likely move it this summer and list it in the fall.

It's all part of my evil plan to claw myself in to the lifestyle I want.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
indeed.. however we see this one as a spring board to the next. It's a mobile home. Nothing wrong with them, but it's not exactly what we want. it's hard living with 2 kids in 1100 Sq ft.. I never get to sleep in due to noise.

we bought it right, paid it off in 2 years. Remodeled the kitchen and will be doing the bathrooms next. It's currently in the most over priced under preforming park in the area. For 2K we can move it to the best park in the area that also happens to have one of the lowest lot rents (family owned.. The park it is in now belongs to an investment company who didn't flip it before the crash)

Once that is all done it goes on the market at market value (will make a tidy profit on it) and we will use the 30-35K we get for it as a down payment on a 100-140K home :) we have to stay in it until the end of this year or we have to repay the home buyer tax credit. we will likely move it this summer and list it in the fall.

It's all part of my evil plan to claw myself in to the lifestyle I want.

(Forgive the temporary hijack here): Your story is familiar. My late husband and I lived in a mobile home for 13 years. A brand new one in a new community. We paid it off in just a few years and started saving for the house we bought (this one) a few years later. The mobile home gave a nice place to live and allowed us to save a huge downpayment. When we bought this one, we had 33% down, were able to lock in to a 15 year low, fixed rate, no point/penalty mortgage and paid it off in 7 years. I support the mobile home as a starter or retirement home. It served me very well. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...