Happy Birthday and Congradulations for Crapshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don...have a good one......and congrats on your success with the recent addition of what was it? 3 more new sprinters this month?.....awesome looking

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
Don...have a good one......and congrats on your success with the recent addition of what was it? 3 more new sprinters this month?.....awesome looking

Wow...obviously I need to check into this forum more often. Thank you Ken, that was very considerate and thoughtful of you. Spent the day with my grandchildren and spaced everything else around me completely out of mind. After a full day with them it took another day to recuperate! So, my apologies for being late with my "thank you".

Yes we were very fortunate to be able to add 3 more trucks to our fleet. That is a total 6 in the past 6 months. Investments of this nature and size are only possible when you are leased to a carrier that does business honestly and above board. I am grateful for being leased to this type of carrier. I know things have been rather slow this past 3 weeks but still all in all we cannot complain too much. Load 1 is doing all they can to keep things rolling. Kinda like being in the local pub......we can't expect John to buy every round!

I came from the same carrier as you and can only imagine how rough it is over there. Friends have told me about never catching a load above 70 cents and having to share their FSC with the entire company pool. So glad I left and ended up here. I know we are a young carrier and experiencing growing pains but once we get beyond the initial hurt the future suddenly opens into a bright sunny day with clear roads ahead. I have every intention of doing all that I can with my fleet to push this carrier to the very top of the carrier pile. We are not that far away right now as we have become the most sought after carrier on the road. I know that as long as Brian continues putting folks on like yourself that the journey to the top will not only be profitable but downright fun!

I think this year at the gathering in Wilmington we should have a nice round table meeting and discussion at the end of Fridays activities. We could make it an annual event where we could discuss the previous years experiences and mistakes and formulate a game plan for the coming year. We could send an open invitation to John and any company folks that would like to attend. If we did it I would set up an open bar and fund the event so we could all have this valuable "carrier" time. I wish that the fleet had some type of annual "banquet" for all to attend in the Taylor area. I could not afford the bar tab for that though!

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes for me and I hope to see all at the Wilmington Expo!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don your roundtable idea sounds good to me..the very communication I try to invoke in the carrier forum here...good, honest dialog upfront and everyone benefits.
Oh yes we are the best...but to stay the best one must always strive in small steps to be even better....:)
And I thank you for your compliment as well...and glad your B-Day went well for you.
Ken aka OVM

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks guys. Interesting ideas. We have thought about a round table or some format to try and continue to work on improvements. I really like EO and the drivers communicating to me on a real time basis when they see stuff or have ideas. Faster we know about a problem or a good suggestion the sooner we can see if we can make it work.

I love the banquet idea. We used to do a big holiday party. Then it got so hard with owner operators and drivers being based all over the country. Trying to get everyone in for it and guys being upset when they couldn't get in. I am all up for suggestions on how that was handled at other companies?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks guys. Interesting ideas. We have thought about a round table or some format to try and continue to work on improvements. I really like EO and the drivers communicating to me on a real time basis when they see stuff or have ideas. Faster we know about a problem or a good suggestion the sooner we can see if we can make it work.

I love the banquet idea. We used to do a big holiday party. Then it got so hard with owner operators and drivers being based all over the country. Trying to get everyone in for it and guys being upset when they couldn't get in. I am all up for suggestions on how that was handled at other companies?

almost impossible John....It turns out to be an office staff party mostly....even I can't think of a way to make that work.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Don, I am sorry I missed this thread, but "Happy Belated Birthday"...and yes congrats on expanding the fleet.

The roundtable deal at the Expo or where ever sounds good...or a banquet..i am always in where theirs food..:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I run a weekly one sitting at the counter at Isis Coney Island. Today was with Don's driver Wayne in 255. Saw SWTexas in there as well. Real time feedback with real good food to boot!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I run a weekly one sitting at the counter at Isis Coney Island. Today was with Don's driver Wayne in 255. Saw SWTexas in there as well. Real time feedback with real good food to boot!

Honestly, thats as good as it gets imo. The feedback is likely better that way too. What stands out the most John, is that you actually TRY to do that. One of the reasons I'm here.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Thanks Again John, It's a true joy to be where we have open door access to you and others. I've been Amazed in the short time I been here how it just keeps getting Better.