Ground flight : modern day crooks?

Jacanah

Active Expediter
I know this thread has been beat to death but my last thoughts on the subject are these. Ground Flight hires many people that do not have the funding for a business like this to give them the opportunity to get into the business and works with them financially to get them started. At some point though, the company expects these drivers to be able to run on their own funding. The driver that Pandora is speaking of worked out well in doing just that. Running as a team, they did a fine job for Ground Flight and seemed to have the best luck of any company driver with us for a while finding loads everywhere they m/t'd out at. Sad fact is, freight so far this year has been disappointing; although it sems like it's finally breaking loose. Drivers are going to get frustrated with sitting during slow periods of freight but we can't make something appear out of thin air.

I don't personally want to make comments about this teams payroll but I will say that there was a problem, it was addressed between the driver and management and was handled between them. Nobody was overpaid to make positive comments on this thread to appease Ground Flight.

I personally spoke with this team this past Saturday when they brought the truck back to us. I've enjoyed working with them, loved their professionalism with a job well done and hope to be friends with them in the future. He told me of the next job and I congratulated him on moving on to the next step in this business, a bigger truck that is easier to book freight for and wished him the best before leaving the office that morning. The other driver was a good friend of his and he decided to move on for whatever reason he had. That was his decision to make and we respect that decision.

I've done my share of time on the road and have listened to the many complaints from drivers about the company they drive for. It's a commonplace occurence at most any truck stop. The bottom line of this is this thread was started with hearsay from a driver that was dissatisfied with this company and we worked them back this way so they could move on; end of story. For someone to get on here and publicly bash us as a company without knowing all of the facts and so very little about us is wrong. We really strive to do the best we can for everyone involved but sometimes circumstances dictate what we CAN do and the lack of freight has kept our drivers from making the kind of money they want to make. There really isn't much we can do about that except hope the freight picks up so we can move them and the last couple of weeks have been encouraging; hope that trend continues for the rest of the summer and into the fall as well.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
You've said that like nine hundred times now, yet you never are. So, not to put too fine a point on it, why should we believe ANY THING you say when you can't even be true to your word on something this simple?

Topic on this thread has moved to divorce, if you have been the victim of a nasty divorce please have a seat and introduce yourself to the group, coffee and one free alibi are available at the refreshment table

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
You've said that like nine hundred times now, yet you never are. So, not to put too fine a point on it, why should we believe ANY THING you say when you can't even be true to your word on something this simple?

Closer to four than nine hundred but for arguments sake I can agree that more like twenty times?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Topic on this thread has moved to divorce, if you have been the victim of a nasty divorce please have a seat and introduce yourself to the group, coffee and one free alibi are available at the refreshment table

I've not been through a nasty divorce but have needed an alibi before. I usually need a lot more than one. How much are the extras and are they divorce specific or somewhat generic?

wandtl

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have posted b4 on groundflight and we had nothing but good experiences with them. Yes there is no high post counts here but for some reason I have better things to do with my time. Sure I read the posts occasionally for entertainment. I tried expediting in 06 with bolt with Ed whom was running cabo enterprises there or whatever it was called. I got nothing but behind more and more for 9 months.

Wife wanted to spend more time together and a driver that had been with gf gave me a gf business card where I worked.I was a material handler at a plastics place not making much money even though I played fill in supervisor at times.

In September 11 we both quit our jobs went to gf and gave it a go. We drove a straight truck for Casey and David for three months. The truck was taken off due to age and we started driving for Ed in a cargo van. He supplied us with an AC a generator and a heater. Something you won't find from fleet owners usually.

Shortly later we decided we was going to buy a van so started saving and making sure we didn't blow our money. In May of 12 we saved up enough to pay cash for an old 06 Ford. Not knowing exactly where to go we called the cat who was more than happy to take us.

We drove for the cat for the remainder of the year in our red Ford van. For six months last year with them we broke 60k just from them with taking ample time off. Our best week last year with them was 5806 loaded miles. Several 4k plus weeks but usually 3kish weeks.

Three months ago we bought a new van we paid cash for though it was hard to do for me as the red one was still going strong. I put it off a long as I could but wife was really onto me to buy a new one that was extended and had cruise. She won out so now a have a bed finally when we have 2 pallets. Still have ample funds in the bank still with the cat.

We have done very well this six months as well. Sure there was 3 or so 2k weeks where we was worried things was taking a bad turn but it was brief. We sold our red Ford as we was not going to subject splitting money with some poor unsuspecting person. We have given to much money to panther fleet drivers out here in the vans. After talking to many of them and many solo owners themselves we just couldn't be that cruel to someone knowing the miles they average.

I have asked driver relations why we are much higher than fleet average. The answer being we are proactive. Either a get an empty move before going somewhere stupid which we usually get. Or on the occasion they want a 24 hour
Wait we don't.we move ourselves. Even on the higher boards we won't sit if its certain ones.

Learn the areas and where to be. We have never ever sat more than a day on the Laredo board. Only once in a blue moon have we taken a 3 cent reduced rate out of Texas.

Be polite be neat clean and professional. Know the areas that work for you. Make yourself stand out from the others out there. Dispatch are the ones getting you the runs don't leave a bad taste in their mouth when they call you after all there are 6 others sitting there they will call and pass you next time.

Believe it or not doing favors usually pays off as well. If you don't do your part no company will be the one for you.

Said much more than I intended to and sorry for any typos and what not.using this phone and small screen....

All that being said gf for us was good. They was very friendly and the most personal company we was with.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I've not been through a nasty divorce but have needed an alibi before. I usually need a lot more than one. How much are the extras and are they divorce specific or somewhat generic?

Generic as a rule but exceptions can be granted, and we will need to discuss cost and extras over a cup of java, in a field on a Saturday in August!

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I have posted b4 on groundflight and we had nothing but good experiences with them. Yes there is no high post counts here but for some reason I have better things to do with my time. Sure I read the posts occasionally for entertainment. I tried expediting in 06 with bolt with Ed whom was running cabo enterprises there or whatever it was called. I got nothing but behind more and more for 9 months.

Wife wanted to spend more time together and a driver that had been with gf gave me a gf business card where I worked.I was a material handler at a plastics place not making much money even though I played fill in supervisor at times.

In September 11 we both quit our jobs went to gf and gave it a go. We drove a straight truck for Casey and David for three months. The truck was taken off due to age and we started driving for Ed in a cargo van. He supplied us with an AC a generator and a heater. Something you won't find from fleet owners usually.

Shortly later we decided we was going to buy a van so started saving and making sure we didn't blow our money. In May of 12 we saved up enough to pay cash for an old 06 Ford. Not knowing exactly where to go we called the cat who was more than happy to take us.

We drove for the cat for the remainder of the year in our red Ford van. For six months last year with them we broke 60k just from them with taking ample time off. Our best week last year with them was 5806 loaded miles. Several 4k plus weeks but usually 3kish weeks.

Three months ago we bought a new van we paid cash for though it was hard to do for me as the red one was still going strong. I put it off a long as I could but wife was really onto me to buy a new one that was extended and had cruise. She won out so now a have a bed finally when we have 2 pallets. Still have ample funds in the bank still with the cat.

We have done very well this six months as well. Sure there was 3 or so 2k weeks where we was worried things was taking a bad turn but it was brief. We sold our red Ford as we was not going to subject splitting money with some poor unsuspecting person. We have given to much money to panther fleet drivers out here in the vans. After talking to many of them and many solo owners themselves we just couldn't be that cruel to someone knowing the miles they average.

I have asked driver relations why we are much higher than fleet average. The answer being we are proactive. Either a get an empty move before going somewhere stupid which we usually get. Or on the occasion they want a 24 hour
Wait we don't.we move ourselves. Even on the higher boards we won't sit if its certain ones.

Learn the areas and where to be. We have never ever sat more than a day on the Laredo board. Only once in a blue moon have we taken a 3 cent reduced rate out of Texas.

Be polite be neat clean and professional. Know the areas that work for you. Make yourself stand out from the others out there. Dispatch are the ones getting you the runs don't leave a bad taste in their mouth when they call you after all there are 6 others sitting there they will call and pass you next time.

Believe it or not doing favors usually pays off as well. If you don't do your part no company will be the one for you.

Said much more than I intended to and sorry for any typos and what not.using this phone and small screen....

All that being said gf for us was good. They was very friendly and the most personal company we was with.

Each person has there own opinion and experience with the carriers they run for, Ty for you comment on this thread