Green New expediter

Kryssez

New Recruit
Researching
Hello all. I know this question has been asked on this forum for eons of years, i'm new to expediting blah blah blah. I just wanted to know how I can get to drive for an owner before I can get my own van. I have a full time job and I'm thinking of taking about 6 weeks off and try expediting. If it's something that I like (I love to drive) then I might switch over to expediting full time. Any pointers on how to get started? I've checked the classified sections but the closest one from my location is 3 states away. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Christina414824

Mr. E Mann

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Contact any carrier and they can put you in touch with any owners looking for a driver.

That being said, in order to net any money in expediting you need to prepare yourself to be away from home for weeks at a time. You will need to be open to drive 24/7 often with little sleep. Even after all of the that the profit margin is very slim. You need to get into expediting because you enjoy the lifestyle, not because you have bills to pay. I remember someone said you will make more money flipping burgers than expediting and there is some truth to that.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Contact any carrier and they can put you in touch with any owners looking for a driver.

That being said, in order to net any money in expediting you need to prepare yourself to be away from home for weeks at a time. You will need to be open to drive 24/7 often with little sleep. Even after all of the that the profit margin is very slim. You need to get into expediting because you enjoy the lifestyle, not because you have bills to pay. I remember someone said you will make more money flipping burgers than expediting and there is some truth to that.
Yeah and you get free food and sleep in your own bed every night.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Yes this job is only for people why enjoy driving days and nights just for food, living in the van like homeless, very rough lifestyle, but hey, you can see the country and hopefully enjoy it, because you'll be so damn tired all the time from sleep deprivation. Your choice))

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Green New Expediter is like The Green New Deal. Only very different.

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Green New Expediter is like The Green New Deal. Only very different.
27089977c36ef3c5107b781385aaa077.jpg

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I personally believe that the best part about the job is driving all night to make sure that the load is there on time, during the dog days of summer, so after you drop the load it’s 110 degrees parked in the shade, too hot to sleep, and you have that tired stare that grins and looks back at you in the mirror and says, I know you like the punishment, you’re a Detroit Lions fan.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums