Great Sprinter Work Nashville Freightliner

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
After being towed in on Saturday for a break down on I40 Fri night. That sounded like I lost the whole bottom of the Van 07 Sprinter 2500 (Solar Power Sprinter) found left hub and axle striped. Rather than replacing the whole rear end they were able to replace the axle.

On test drive ABS light came on and low power on engine never had problem before nearest senor for left wheel was in California. They removed one from a sprinter on the lot to put in mine and when that one comes in next week they will just replace it which saved me another 4-5 nights in the motel when the sensor was replaced the light went out and engine went back to full power (computer must since something wrong and decrease power)

Very happy with work Service Advisor Phillip (615) 244-8900

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I had the same thing happen to my right rear 15 months ago. I caught it before it ripped loose. I had slack in my drive train. On acceleration and deceleration there was a clunk as the drive train caught up. There was also a occassional ratcheting noise when trying to go on slippery surfaces. Are there any ideas between you and the tech as to how that pressed together spline connection could give up?

eb

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
I had the same thing happen to my right rear 15 months ago. I caught it before it ripped loose. I had slack in my drive train. On acceleration and deceleration there was a clunk as the drive train caught up. There was also a occassional ratcheting noise when trying to go on slippery surfaces. Are there any ideas between you and the tech as to how that pressed together spline connection could give up?

eb
The teck told me the 180K rear end fluid change that MB recommends is to far for us that the goes bad with all the weight and heat from running miles they suggested doing fluid change around 70K like traney and checking fluid every other oil change

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The teck told me the 180K rear end fluid change that MB recommends is to far for us that the goes bad with all the weight and heat from running miles they suggested doing fluid change around 70K like traney and checking fluid every other oil change

As a matter of PM I do the tranny and rear end at the same time....easy to keep track that way...I started that early in the vans life..seems to have paid off....

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Good to know of another place that has a good Sprinter tech that's willing to think outside of the box and just replace the broken pieces instead of an expensive assembly.