gps antenna

dpea9

Expert Expediter
I have the new co-pilot 9. I Would also like to get microsoft streets does anyone know if my co-pilot antenna will work on the microsoft streets.
Thanks
Dan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I couldn't make it work. I ended up buying the S/T with the antenna. I think it was about $30 more than the one without. I pretty much just use the CP for actual guidance, annoying and deficient though it is, and use S/T before rolling to check the route. I also use S/T to find nearby addresses so that when CP doesn't have the address in it's database I can try something close by.

You should also use S/T to check any cities you go around on a loop. You need to know which direction you are going to travel because in several cities CP will tell you to take 4xx north when your choices are east/west or vice versa.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I assume that CO-Pilot is a PC based package. If it is and you plug the GPS unit into the USB or Serial port then I would have to say YES it should work.

I have two GPS units, on came with S&T and the other I found in a parking lot. Both work rather well with all my software.