Got my wish. Back with A. Blair.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I got my wish. I'll be in Louisville Friday for orientation and then back to work for my favorite company.

Many of you don't realize that this will be my third time going back to A. Blair. I started in March, 04 driving a 98 FL70. It had a coffin sleeper. Maybe 42 inches. But, I persevered and earned so much money. But, when the AC wouldn't work in Texas in June and that was where I was going all the time, I gave up. I went with another O/O. Stupid stupid stupid.

Well, Tom called me in October 04 and I returned and drove a new truck for him. Again. Money money money. Believe me, I worked hard to earn it. But, it was there.

Then, In June 05, my best friend wanted to drive with me and I had to leave Tom because his insurance couldn't cover my inexperienced co-driver. So, she went to school, and we signed on with Dave Corfman in August 05. He bought a truck just so we could drive for him signed on with Panther.

That was a good decision. We drove team for Dave and made lots of money because we were willing to work hard.

In Feb 06d, my co-driver gave up the road warrior life, and I tried solo with Panther. Fuggetaboutit. No way. So, I had to say goodbye to Dave and went OTR with an owner who had dreams driving an 18-wheeler.

That lasted 6 weeks. So, I tried a local company running reefer. But, I can't sit backed into a dock for 6 hours after paying a lumper $150. Grocery warehouses aren't driver friendly. And, when your company doesn't pay detention, it's just plain unfair.

I'm back with Blair. I pick up my truck Friday in Louisville. I am so excited to work again for Steve and Tom driving a truck for a new fleet owner who, so far, has sounded very positive.

I'll be changing my signature soon. It's good to be back with the expeditors.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Congrats on your new position. I think you will do well as you have in the past. You and Brenda did a great job for us, but Blair is a better suited gig for you as we don't do solos.
It is great to have you back expediting.
As always, if you are in FL or TN, look Grace and I up, we would love to have you over.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Florida? I thought you got rid of your place in Florida.

I told Steve that my sister lives in Bradenton and that my mother is in a nursing home in St. Pete. I hope to pass through there once in a while.

Where and when would I find you in Florida?

babs3361

Expert Expediter
I checked out A blair and at 1.10 a mile and you pay for everything. You have to run your butt off to make it more miles doesn't mean more money. I feel this is one of the companies that is bringing down the freight rate in this industry. I checked apples to apples it is all about working smarter not harder.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Only sold one of the places in FL. Still in Flagler, three blocks south from the old place, but still on A1A. And of course, you know the places in TN.
Trips down revolve around the daughters school schedule.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

babs3361

Expert Expediter
At a 1.10 and you pay for everyting you have got to run your butt off just to make it. I feel that this is one of the companies that is bringing down the rate in this industry. It's all about working smarter not harder. NO THANK-YOU. Apples to Apples you didn't even come close to cutting it...

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know where you got that information on mileage rates. You might want to check your information source.

Yes. At A. Blair you run a lot. I don't know why that means something is bad. Most money loving can't stand to sit still drivers would die for that.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
This just proves that the saying "be careful what you wish for because you might just get it" is true.:7

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think they only have one part-time recruiter and he may be confused. I just signed on and it wasn't for $1.10. I'm sitting outside of Louisville with my tractor and trailer and I'm supposed to be resting after driving from Arlington, TX to Louisville in a rental car for 910 miles. I had to pick up my truck and trailer in Louisville in addition to my 2 hour orientation.

I expect to get a load in the morning headed somewhere.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Chester, I have heard nothing but good things about you, from Tom and the others.

I wish you success and happiness. Keep Steve busy.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thank you, Broom. That was a nice thing to say. I'm glad I've been able to prove worthy to people like Tom and Davekc. It's always good for a driver to maintain a good relationship with whomever is providing his source of income. We all are in a niche here that I felt left out of when I went OTR for a "regular" carrier. I'm so glad to be back among friends.

BTW. Guys!!!!! It is not $1.10 a mile. If you haven't talked with Steve, Shawn, Dave or Tom at A. Blair about the rates, then you aren't getting the right information. Don't assume because you heard from a friend of a friend what a company is paying.

That's all I have to say about that.

Thanks again, Broom.

darkunicorn

Seasoned Expediter
As usual some people don’t have a clue what so ever! babs your happy where your at so just leave it at that.
I am happy at A Blair they treat me great and I’m making lots more $$$$$ not working more for less working more for more! And yes have to pay for every thing just like did at the 2 headed cat, no matter what you think your paying all your own insurance I pay less now than I did before and no QC fee’s at all. less per mile? I don’t think so when ya figure I get paid the miles I run not shortest route or house hold goods miles, plus my dead head is less and FSC is way better so apples to apples hummm thinks I got the better apple! But please stay where you are if your happy I know I am :D hardly have time to read let alone post any more …… some how I don’t have a problem with that!

Alvin

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Rates, if it works for one it may not for another. One who critizes is also known as a know it all.

I am often asked what do you get per mile? When I answer and get that (deer in the headlight) look, I know. Let me guess you get over $5.00 a mile and never go to NYC.

Or I get the WOW REALLY. So it depends on who is on the other side, a know it all, or someone who really understands HIS OWN BUSINESS AND can respect the value without critisizm if another person chooses his direction of $.

Personally I am happy with my rate, I do not care to do 350 mile runs for $2.00 a mile that takes two days as posted on here earlier. But thats me, what he did was best for him. I know what makes me $, and the dollar per day that is my goal over a month long period. Sometimes I miss it other times I blow it out of the water.