Google docs, or other spreadsheets on a droid phone

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Anyone using Googledocs, or any other free spreadsheet software on their droid-based smartphone? I'd like to be able to get the wife to log all of our business info on one of them, and then move what we do on Quickbooks after the fact.

Any guidance appreciated.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have a spreadsheet on Google Docs that I use to enter the particulars of a load to quickly see how profitable it is. But being on Google Docs it's more or less useless, since I can't use it while I'm on the phone to a dispatcher, because as I don't have A T and Teeeeeee, I can't surf and talk at the same time. So I just use the spreadsheet on the laptop without going to Google Docs.

Using a Google Docs spreadsheet on the Droid can be tricky. It's quite laggy, but that might not be a problem with 4G. Also, the cells, functions and visual display of an Excel spreadsheet is different on Google Docs than it is with Excel. That's just something you need to get used to, and I haven't because I don't use it much.

If you want a spreadsheet program for the Droid, the only one worth getting is not free, Documents To Go. It's got a free trial but you can't edit Excel documents in the trial. Full version is $14.99 and is essentially MS Office.

But there are others, free and/or cheap that may do what you want.