Good Spot?

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone know of a good spot for a straight truck to wait over the weekend in New Hampshire near Concord? We have a load delivering there tommorrow, and pick up one 20 miles West of there on Sunday, so we need somewhere to stop until then. I know there's not much for truck stops and wondered if anyone knows of a place? Any help would be great. Thx.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Don't get a shower there? Lol...that's what I like to hear. I guess if it's too bad I could just get a hotel for the night.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Other option is the TA in Greenland, NH. Their showers are a lot better. Other than that, there ain't much. Next option would probably be the Pilot in Sturbridge, MA.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It is not in the immediate Concord area but may be close enough. About 40 miles south of Concord, On I-93, on the northbound side, there is a rest area at mile marker 1, just north of the MA/NH border. Overnight parking is permitted, the grounds are pleasant and the facilities are clean.

Just up the road, off Exit 1, there is a nice shopping mall. The town is Salem, NH. There is a Barnes and Noble bookstore in Salem, on State Road 28 (Broadway), that we like to visit when we are passing time in the area. Behind the store, there is a lot where a straight truck can be easily parked.

If we were spending a weekend there, and if we were not seeking tourist attractions to explore, we would probably spend the days in the bookstore or mall and the nights in the rest area.

If you are up for some tourist fun, and the weather is nice, Portsmouth, NH is a fun town in which to spend a day walking around. It has a nice waterfront park and interesting galleries and shops. When we were there, we parked on the street about a half mile from the waterfront and walked from there. Portsmouth is about 40 miles east of Concord. Of course tourist fun can probably be found in Concord too. We have yet to explore that city.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Walmart - Concord, exit 14 off Rt 93, East on Louden Rd. Good safe area and the snow is plowed out of the parkinglot. Enjoy Concord, there's a L.L. Bean store right there also.