Good pay?

terryhop

Expert Expediter
I'm looking to drive a company truck for an expediting co. that pays $.28 a mile loaded and empty. I was told I could expect $750/wk and only be out a few days at a time? Does anyone have input as to whether this sounds good?

Thank You for the replies,

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Terryhop,

Hi.

Grossing $750.00 @.28 per mile is 2,678.57 miles. How many miles a week would you be running? Running 500 miles per day for 5 days @ .28 a mile is $700.00 gross...600 miles per day for 5 days @ .28 is $840.00 gross...So, go from there...

In addition, many expedite carriers figure milage for routing @ 45 to 50 mph so in 11 hours of just driving (no stop offs) per day this would be around 550 miles each day...

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

X X

Expert Expediter
If you are driving a cargo van, and they have plenty of miles for you it should be ok. The tractor trailer drivers get about the same, maybe a few cents more so you should be fine.

TryHoursRcrtr

Expert Expediter
.28 a mile is a little low. Are you going to have benifits paid for? I know that we are more then that for straight trucks OR tractor trailers.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Keep in mind that your going to have expenses on the road also.
food, drinks, showers. depending where you buy your fuel and how much.
As simple as people think their needs are it can still get expensive.

justiceman

Expert Expediter
I'm basically new to this but do not see how you can make any money at .28 cpm with fuel at over 2.00 pgallon. I could be wrong? I guess it would really depend a lot on fuel economy, the load, miles. etc.:9

DMWJEFF

Expert Expediter
This position is driving a company straight truck. All miles paid. Paid medical,paid dental,& retirement plan.
The company pays fuel, tolls, furnishes all permits,phone, etc....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
DMVJeff.....you would probably draw a better response indicating exactly what you pay. It is understood that it is driving a company vehicle ect. Most folks would probably prefer dollar amounts verses percentages. For most, a percentage of something tells one nothing.
Davekc

DMWJEFF

Expert Expediter
Starts at .28 per mile, more if experienced in expediting. Our insurance co. requires at least 2 years driving exp. to start.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
DMVJeff.....much much better. It gives folks a much easier way to evaluate your offer compared to their current situation.
Good luck on finding the right folks.;)
Davekc